IGNORED

Scotland Golf Trip

gas_can
Note: This thread is 7158 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Bravo's post got me thinking about a trip I have planned to England in July to watch the British Open . I've already booked a round at Ailsa and Kintyre , so those are my high dollar experiences for the trip. Unfortunately the Old Course will be closed while I'm there or else I'd be a the starter's tent at 3:00 am waiting for a tee time.

Anyone know of any hidden jems in Scotland I shouldn't miss while I'm there?

Thanks for any suggestions.

TMF:

I am going to Scotland in June.

June 11 - Turnberry Ailsa
June 12 - Turnberry Ailsa
June 13 - Muirfield
June 14 - North Berwick
June 15 - St. Andrews (ballot)
June 16- Kingsbarns
June 17 - Carnoustie

I would also like to make a diplomatic suggestion. Americans are often viewed by people across the world as being ignorant of their countries. We gain much goodwill by studying their country and culture before getting there.

St. Andrews is the site of the 2005 Open Championship - there is no such thing as the British Open. The British Open is a term we Americans use for The Open Championship. They will not look kindly on us calling it the British Open.

St. Andrews is in Scotland - not England. The Scots would really be offended if we indicated it was in England. They have felt under the boot of the English for hundreds of years.

FYI...

England, Scotland and Wales make up Great Britain.

Great Britain and Northern Ireland make up the United Kingdom.

Have a great trip. I am looking forward to ours.

Note: This thread is 7158 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!