IGNORED

Sun Mountain C-130 bag...any thoughts?

Note: This thread is 5362 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Has anyone had any experience with these bags.

I'm looking around for a cart bag that will do well riding and on push cart. Must haves are 14 full length slots and good storage while being under 8lbs or so.

Thanks
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

That's the bag I use, works great. Holds a ton of stuff, keeps your clubs separated, putter well is a big plus. I roll it around on a Bagboy push cart with no troubles. A couple of soft lined pockets for valuables and a plastic lined pocket for drinks and cold packs. I'm in my third season with it, highly recommended.

Sorry, I haven't weighed it, not a good carry bag.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

Cool.

Thanks for the info.

This looks like a good bag for my needs.
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

That's the bag I use, works great. Holds a ton of stuff, keeps your clubs separated, putter well is a big plus. I roll it around on a Bagboy push cart with no troubles. A couple of soft lined pockets for valuables and a plastic lined pocket for drinks and cold packs. I'm in my third season with it, highly recommended.

Can't add anything to this except +1 and I use it on a clicgear 2.0.

In my Ping Hoofer:
Ping G30 10*

Ping G25 4w, 3h

MP 33 5i-PW

Mizuno MP T-Series 53*, 58*

SC Studio StyleNewport 2

Ebay comes through again....got a good deal on this new bag with free shipping.

Glad to hear that it rides well in a Clicgear 2.0. I'll be using my cart once it finally cools down again....below 95 degrees or so.

Colors weren't my first choice but the auction price was solid.

They are nice bags. TONS of storage space. The putter well is fantastic. One thing though.....It is a really big bag. I ended up switching to the next size down. I lost some storage, but saved some weight.

I've been using the C-130 for about a year, and it's a great bag -- 14 slots for clubs and an umbrella, and a separate lower out-of-the-way slot for your putter. Tons of storage space too. I was cleaning mine out last night because I was walking today and thought I'd transfer some things to my carry bag, and about 5 minutes after I started I just gave up -- I have too much to transfer: band aids, Tiger Balm, sunscreen, chapstick, surgical tape, 40-50 balls, 300+ tees, rangefinder, sunglasses, cigar case, lighter, cutter, sunscreen wipes, advil, Aleve, zyrtec, pencils, ball markers, caps, windbreaker, gloves, etcetera. The list actually goes on a bit, which is pathetic but an indication of how long I've owned and used the bag. I was checking out the Bag Boy Revolver earlier this year, but I still thinks the C-130 kicks everything's butt.

In my C-130 Cart Bag:

Driver: Titleist D2 10.5° Aldila R.I.P. 60
Woods Exotics CB4 15° Aldila R.I.P. 70
Hybrids Exotics CB4 17°, 22° Aldila R.I.P. 80 

Irons 4-PW MP-57 Project X 6.0, MP-29 PW

Wedges  Eidolon 52°, 60° Rifle Spinner 6.5

Putter Bettinardi BB12

Ball One Black

Rangefinder Nikon Laser 500"Golf...

I've been using the C-130 for about a year, and it's a great bag -- 14 slots for clubs and an umbrella, and a separate lower out-of-the-way slot for your putter. Tons of storage space too. I was cleaning mine out last night because I was walking today and thought I'd transfer some things to my carry bag, and about 5 minutes after I started I just gave up -- I have too much to transfer:

That is hilarious....amazing how much stuff accumulates in a golf bag over time. I keep my sticks inside, much to my wife's chagrin...she'd prefer the garage. It's too humid to do that, in my opionion.

Anyway, at least I'll be able to gather up my loose gear and have it onboard when needed.

I've been using the C-130 for about a year, and it's a great bag -- 14 slots for clubs and an umbrella, and a separate lower out-of-the-way slot for your putter. Tons of storage space too. I was cleaning mine out last night because I was walking today and thought I'd transfer some things to my carry bag, and about 5 minutes after I started I just gave up -- I have too much to transfer: band aids, Tiger Balm, sunscreen, chapstick, surgical tape, 40-50 balls, 300+ tees, rangefinder, sunglasses, cigar case, lighter, cutter, sunscreen wipes, advil, Aleve, zyrtec, pencils, ball markers, caps, windbreaker, gloves, etcetera. The list actually goes on a bit, which is pathetic but an indication of how long I've owned and used the bag. I was checking out the Bag Boy Revolver earlier this year, but I still thinks the C-130 kicks everything's butt.

Ha Ha, its only pathetic until you need it out on the course

. Heck, I've even carried a spare set of clothes if I'm a long ways from home and there is nasty weather threatening.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

Well it arrived today....haven't had a chance to swap everything over....just my sticks.

It's a very handy bag...14 full length slots so no more jammed oversized grips....especially when it's tilted on my push cart.

Plenty of pockets for gloves, tees, ball pockets, onboard cooler w/ drains, etc. Neat feature is two velvet-type padded valuable pocket on the top...wallet & keys in one, sunglasses in the other.

My son is happy because this means he gets my Hot Warbird stand bag which has been awesome....he'll love it.

I appreciate the advice in the thread and IMs...I was well advised on this purchase.

He should be happy because i have the same warbird bag. I love my callaway bag.

In my Warbird Hot Stand Bag:

Driver: R9 420cc 9.5° stiff
3 Wood: Burner 07 Fairway #3 Stiff
5 Wood: Burner 07 Fairway #5 Stiff3 Hybrid: Burner 08 Rescue #3 StiffIrons: MX-25 4-G Project X 5.5SW: CG12 STD bounce 56° Black PearlLW: CG12 STD bounce 60° Black PearlPutter: California...

Best bag I've had so far. I've had mine for 2 years now. My only complaint is that even tho its a Sun Mtn product it doesn't fit my Sun Mtn push cart very well.

Note: This thread is 5362 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!