IGNORED

Taylormade Tour Burner Review

Drifterland
Note: This thread is 5373 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Howdy Guys, I have the 08 Burner in three lofts 8.5, 9.5, and 10.5.

I hit the 9.5, It has a tiny draw bias that isn't too annoying. The head looks great even though it is 460cc's, being that large it is very forgiving and long. I compared it to an R7 425 9.5s and a Hibore XLS 9.5s. The R7 was more workable but much less forgiving and shorter, the XLS had more of a tendency to balloon and to me was an altogether uncomfortable club compared to the Burner.

The headcover is nice and easy to take off and on, and the club makes a pleasant sound. The best thing about this club though is the shaft. The shaft in regular and stiff has a stiff tip though it is not advertised. so If your swing speed is relatively high (105-110) and you spin your driver too much creating a balloon effect, this is the club to try because it launches it high (with the head design) and induces low spin to keep it from ever rising and adding yards to our carry.

All in all this is my favorite driver around, it is comfy, great ball flight, and looks great.

Since the price is so low I will have to give this club a 10.0! Grab somebody's and try it!

theincrediblegolfbum.blogspot.com Aol messenger: "Drifterland88"

Driver Tour Burner 9.5 s (Best Driver Ever!)
3-Wood Burner 07 14.5 s
3-Hybrid Halo 22degree Irons X-Forged Project 6.o Rifle s-flexGW SV 52.08 SW Tour Action 900 56.12 LW Oil Can 60.06

I have been thinking about maybe giving this driver a try. Thanks for the review.

:cobra: Amp Driver 10.5*(R)
:tmade: Burner 3W 15*(R)
:tmade: Burner 2.0 Rescue 3-4
:titleist: 714 AP1 Irons 5-pw, gw(Steel XP95 R300)
:callaway: MD3 Wedges 56, 60
:nickent:Omen Long Putter(un-anchored)

Howdy Guys, I have the 08 Burner in three lofts 8.5, 9.5, and 10.5.

Really - you own 3 drivers separated by 1 degree of loft?

I'm curious - is it incase you want to launch the ball 1 degree higher or lower on any given day?
In the bag...

G10 9° Driver
G10 17° 4 Wood
G10 21° Hybrid i15 4-PW Tour-W Wedges 50/12 & 56/10 Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Balls - Bridgestone B330-RX

IMO i think taylormade makes one of the best drivers. it just sucks that non of them ever hold value and they have to release new clubs like every other month. i have the burner fairways and feels and sounds good to me.
In my Warbird Hot Stand Bag:

Driver: R9 420cc 9.5° stiff
3 Wood: Burner 07 Fairway #3 Stiff
5 Wood: Burner 07 Fairway #5 Stiff3 Hybrid: Burner 08 Rescue #3 StiffIrons: MX-25 4-G Project X 5.5SW: CG12 STD bounce 56° Black PearlLW: CG12 STD bounce 60° Black PearlPutter: California...

playing to a +2 your equipment has to be fitter for your golf swing. Did you use equipment to monitor your results after hitting the TM Tour Burner?

Did you hit the Titleist?
What was your lowest score for 18 holes?
How do you practice to maintain a sharp game?
Thanks for your reply.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

When I went looking for a driver in July, I was told that I should not get the Tour Burner because it's designed for single handcap players who can work the ball better. I don't know much about shafts, kick points, tips, etc. so I just bought a Stiff. TM has so many drivers and shaft configs, I'm not fully sure what I tried. Mine is a 9.5, Reax 49 Stiff Mid tip.....whatever the hell that means.

The average numbers I got from my local GS was clubhead speed of 105, ball speed 150, launch angle was 9.8 and spin was like 3300 or something. From what I understand so far, the launch angle is a little low and the spin is too high. I think I read somewhere that 12-14 and 2200 is more desirable. Not sure what kind of equipment they use, but they claim those numbers are fairly accurate. The actual yardage they say can vary 10-20 yards. My yardage showed up anywhere from 250 - 280. I've been able to hit within those ranges so far on the course.

I have not found my optimal tee height yet, so my trajectory is not where I like it. This is an upgrade from my '99 TM bubble which had a reg flex and I use to hit it too high. I was hoping that a stiff would help me keep the ball down. I also read a post around here that I should slow down my swing now since the shaft is so much longer.....so I'm all perplexed.

I also recently just finished a box of the TM burner balls (silver box) and was told to try the TP Reds for a lower trajectory. Everytime I'm at the store, they're sold out. I'll probably find them online, but I like to walk out of the store with a treat.

How is the trajectory on the Tour Burner ? Anyone compare the Tour Burner vs. the '09 Burner ? I'm now second guessing my decision.

'09 Burner (UST ProForce V2 77g - S)
4dx 15.5 hybrid (UST V2 - Stiff)
'99 Apex Plus 3-EW (Stiff)
TM rac 50/6 GW
Arnold Palmer The Standard SW (20-30 years old)'99 Dual Rossie Blade

Really - you own 3 drivers separated by 1 degree of loft?

Yeah, I live in Arkansas and fairways differ greatly. Some courses I will play with my friends have two to four drivable par 4's, so I use a driver with more loft to stop it on the greens. I also go and visit a friend in Texas and there is a large amount of wind and hard fairways, so I will bring the 8.5 to take advantage and get outrageous roll.

3-Wood Burner 07 14.5 s
3-Hybrid Halo 22degree Irons X-Forged Project 6.o Rifle s-flexGW SV 52.08 SW Tour Action 900 56.12 LW Oil Can 60.06

I heard bad things about stock TM shafts. I've only hit the stock shaft (non-TP versions) a handful of times since I have a V2 in my r7, but everyone I talk to says that they are wippy. Glad to hear you found a good combo for you though.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

playing to a +2 your equipment has to be fitter for your golf swing. Did you use equipment to monitor your results after hitting the TM Tour Burner?

Yes, I used a launch monitor at the PGA superstore in Dallas (Friends). And in my opinion once a person gets to a single digit handicap you should go with the driver that gives you the most confidence. For instance I had a cobra driver recommended to me because it gave me 6-10 extra yards of carry, but I hated it and shot 3 over, making me quite angry.

I like Titleist drivers but haven't found one I can't live without. 63, par 72 6950 Belvedere Golf Club. Last I played shot 67 on the same course set up as a par 70 by teeing off two par 5's from the whites effectively changing them to tough par 4's. I barely ever practice my long game thanks to my swing coach that taught the most simple, powerful and accurate golf swing I've ever come across. Something I do on the practice tee is hit one handed shots to get a solid tempo. I also practice hitting draws and fades back to back so I don't get comfy hitting draw, draw, draw, or fade, fade, fade. I practice around three hours a day putting (See my blog to get the full run down) and I chip almost exclusively with a gap wedge, unless I need a special shot, saving a huge amount of time. I also spend my evenings (3-6 nights a week) doing intervel training to give me more stamina to hit solid shots all day. Thanks allot and go to my blog down below where I will be posting allot more soon on a practice routine for the golfer who wants to dominate golf on any level. theincrediblegolfbum.blogspot.com

3-Wood Burner 07 14.5 s

I heard bad things about stock TM shafts. I've only hit the stock shaft (non-TP versions) a handful of times since I have a V2 in my r7, but everyone I talk to says that they are wippy. Glad to hear you found a good combo for you though.

Yeah, they usually are, but these are nice because the whole stiff tip thing, but I will admit they are not as hot as some shafts that have the same launch conditions.

3-Wood Burner 07 14.5 s

Note: This thread is 5373 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!