IGNORED

The Witch GC @ Myrtle Beach

Note: This thread is 5346 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well that's 2 votes for the Avocet. Upon further review, it has definately moved up the list. I see they start airation (sp?) On Tuesday. We are getting to the beach Saturday at noonish. If I go with the Avocet, I may go for Sunday or Monday evening. This is all dependant on whether the Avocet allows onesomes.

I'm sooo stoked about my first trip to the beach in 22 years. I wasn't even old enough to drive on my last trip, and I hadn't even considered hitting my first golf ball. This should be fun.

As for gator stories at the Witch...The GF really wants to ride along just for the photo ops. I will gladly pay her cart fee to get some great pics. Hopefully I'll break 80 and not get attacked. Being from Tennessee, we are especially leary of gators. I KNOW you guys will get the football reference.

Thanks again for all the input!

• 2 weeks later...

The Witch is an excellent course. My dad and I also played all three of them about a month ago and The Witch was my favorite by far. The Wizard is a great links-style course, but it lacks the variety of the Witch. Man O'War (featured in my profile pic btw) is a lot of fun with water on almost every hole, but is actually pretty wide open and not as challenging as you might expect.

Back to The Witch; expect a great layout (the front 9 especially), great conditions, helpful staff (the starter was great), and generally being distracted by the beauty of the course. The long, wooden bridges connecting holes carved out of the wetlands and forest are so unique, you'll almost forget you're playing golf and think your on a wildlife tour. That being said, we didn't see any gators; which surprised me a little, but you're almost guaranteed to see wildlife of all kinds out there. There's tons of variety in the design and it will test every aspect of your game, particularly course management. Good luck breaking 80, I shot 87 with good ball-striking and decent putting. Even after one of my worst rounds of the year, I can't wait til I get the opportunity to play it again.

Playing regularly again after a few years off. Started playing in 1999.
Whats in the bag?
Driver: R7 425 9.5*, Reax 65 shaft
3 Wood: V Steel 13* tour-spoon, M.A.S.^2 shaft
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19*, Dynamic Gold shaft Irons: DCI 762 (4-PW), Dynamic Gold shaftsWedges: Watson VI, 52.08, 56.14,...

Note: This thread is 5346 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!