IGNORED

Who is Better - Scott or Sergio?

supercow
Note: This thread is 5874 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Who is Better - Scott or Sergio?

• Adam Scott
    • Sergio Garcia
    • Too close to call...

I can agree with the assesment of Scott, Sometimes I just wonder if he would rather be doing something else, that being said I think Sergio has more heart that alot of golfers of late, To constantly be in contention and lose and get himself back up and going takes tremendous will and courage, I salute his gumption.

I could agree with this if Sergio showed ANY class when he lost. But, I don't think it takes tremendous will and courage to throw a major away and then whine and blame everyone but yourself in the press conference afterwards.

Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

Not liking losing doesn't make you a bad loser. He clearly wants to be successful, and probably too much so that he has failed to deliver. Passion is not a bad thing - in the structure of a Ryder Cup team he seems to be able to direct that positively, on his own he doesn't - look at K Club 4/4 points then the only European player to lose in singles

Tour Superquad
Burner TP 3 wood
Adams 5 wood
Adams Hybrid
TM MB Vokey Wedges (from Vokey) Scotty Cameron Tour Putter

Not liking losing doesn't make you a bad loser. He clearly wants to be successful, and probably too much so that he has failed to deliver. Passion is not a bad thing - in the structure of a Ryder Cup team he seems to be able to direct that positively, on his own he doesn't - look at K Club 4/4 points then the only European player to lose in singles

What makes him a bad loser is saying things like "I rarely get many good breaks." when he got the break of a lifetime by Harrington making a double bogey to even give Sergio the opportunity for a playoff.

Or how about him spitting in the cup at Doral? Missing a makeable putt for par is something no one likes, but how many people have you seen throw a little tantrum and spit in the cup after doing it? This is childish and classless for anyone, but for a professional golfer on national television it is inexcusable.
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

I don't get this spitting in the cup thing. Lots of golfers spit all the time, so whats the problem? ( I didn't actually see the event )
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

• Administrator
I don't get this spitting in the cup thing. Lots of golfers spit all the time, so whats the problem? ( I didn't actually see the event )

He spit in the hole after taking his ball out. So the "cup" isn't a styrofoam deal, but the actual hole on the golf course that other golfers had to use.

It was anything from a non-event to an egregious display of dickheaded-ness, depending on who you ask.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He spit in the hole after taking his ball out. So the "cup" isn't a styrofoam deal, but the actual hole on the golf course that other golfers had to use.

Oh right. That is pretty gross...

Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

• 1 month later...
just because i like sergio's swing better he gets my vote. the whole 'clubhead almost hits his right ear on the downswing' factor is great to see imho!
G5,9
F-50,13.5
MP33(2-9)
SM,54.11MP-T,60.05Anser 2

This is a tough one..They both have crazy game..I would say Sergio has more raw talent...simply because he can work the ball with the best ..I saw him at firestone and he he was rediculosly long off the tee..It made me wonder why he hasnt won muliple majors yet. Adam Scott is very consistent and will get his majors..But ill give the edge to Serg

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

Given their respective results over the past 3 years, it is tough to make a case that Sergio is better than Scott.....that said, I actually think Sergio has a better shot of breaking through and winning a major.....both have issues with pressure, but it seems to me that Sergio has been in position more often and will probably be the more comfortable of the two if in a position to win a major....

Just give me Phil and Tiger in the last group on Masters' Sunday.....is that too much to ask?

Note: This thread is 5874 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!