IGNORED

Who is Better - Scott or Sergio?

supercow
Note: This thread is 5874 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Who is Better - Scott or Sergio?

• Adam Scott
    • Sergio Garcia
    • Too close to call...

• Administrator
Seem to be part of the next generation of young players who have yet to win a major? Who's better though and who will break through first?

Adam will. Sergio needs a partial lobotomy or something.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The something being a putting stroke that worked consistantly.

Adam has a better overall game, but I'd say Sergio has more "natural" ability and flair - just a shame he can't putt.
In the bag:
Driver - FT-i 9.5* Neutral Speeder 686 Stiff
Fairway Wood - X-Tour 15* Stiff
Hybrid - Nickent 3DX Ironwood 17* Aldila NV Hybrid 75S
Irons - Tour Stage Z101 Forged Irons DG S300 Shatfs (2-PW) Wedges - 52* Callaway X Tour Vintage, 58* Callaway X Tour Mack Daddy VintagePutter - Scotty...

I think Adam Scott is the better player, he has the better all round game, but having said that, if both could be better (more consistant) putters, there would be a few more W's in the win column and possibly a major.
In My Bag:
Driver: Titleist 905R V2 75GM X-STIFF
3 Wood: Titleist 906F2 V2 92GM X-STIFF
Irons: Titleist 735 CM Rifle Flighted 6.5
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design 250.08, SM56.14, SM60.08Putter: Odyssey XG #1Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

• Administrator
The something being a putting stroke that worked consistantly.

Again, I think Sergio can putt fine. Witness his front nine on Saturday... until he got close to the lead. He just can't handle the pressure. It's a mental thing, not a putting stroke issue. He needs to see a psychiatrist, not Stan Utley.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The inability to tame the flat stick has caused many a pro to hang em up. Ben Hogan said that if they would have given him an automatic two putt, he could have been on tour another ten years.

That said, I believe Adam is the more likely player to break through. Sergio has putting troubles and I just don't see the dedication in him. He is having too much fun and not enough work.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

I still think Sergio is the better overall golfer. I'm not supposed to make assumptions, but I do more often than not anyway. Sometimes I find myself questioning Adam Scott's desire to win at all cost on the PGA Tour and in majors. The guy has as much natural talent as anyone in the world (Tiger included). There is no reason he shouldn't be ranked #1 or #2 in the world. The talent is there, but is the drive to be the greatest?

Sergio wants to be the best, and it shows when he crumbles continuously in majors. Like Erik said, he can putt just fine any time he isn't in serious contention. When he moves up that leaderboard, however, he starts to get hives or something. There is definitely a case of Tiger-phobia in there.

Sergio has consistently outplayed Adam Scott in the major championships, and I base a lot of my reasoning off that. Until Scott wins a few more tournaments (maybe a major or two in there), I'm going with Sergio.

And Sergio will win a major before Adam Scott will. He has been in contention time and time again, and he will eventually put one away.....hopefully.

I agree with Thrash 13 that Scott has not been aggressive as much when it counts in majors, but after Ogilvy winning and Scott stating that he is going to take his chances and be more aggressive in the majors.

I think a breakthrough win is not too far off the cards. His play at Hoylake was much better and if only a few more putts had dropped and he didnt lose 3 strokes on the last 2 holes, he would of been higher up the leaderboard.

In saying that, many other players could have had a few more putts drop and it could have been a different story. Although I don't think anyone would have beaten Woods.
In My Bag:
Driver: Titleist 905R V2 75GM X-STIFF
3 Wood: Titleist 906F2 V2 92GM X-STIFF
Irons: Titleist 735 CM Rifle Flighted 6.5
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design 250.08, SM56.14, SM60.08Putter: Odyssey XG #1Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Too close to call.

Both have been minor disappointments in the past couple years. I've been waiting for both to bust out but...nothing. If I had to give an advantage to someone, it would be Scott. That's only based on this years play. Sergio has been a basket case and Adam has only been marginally better. I have a bit more faith in Scott's game than Garcia's.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

There goes the banana (or lemon)!!!

WBL

What's In the Bag
Callaway FTiq Tour i-mix 9.5º with stiff Mitsubishi Rayon Javlnfx 6
Cobra F-Speed LD 3-wood 15.5º with 43" YS Tour AD regCobra Baffler DWS 20º & 23º with Aldila VS Proto HL regPing S59 3-PW with Nippon PRO 950GH stiffTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 56º wedgeInazone B...

• Administrator
There goes the banana (or lemon)!!!

Sergio would have looked like this if he had won:

• 1 year later...
I actually think Bannana boy will win a major before Scott. He IS getting experience... remember all the talk about Phil being majorless... then just when everyone was kind of moving on he won three. Well, I think Sergio will get one in the next two years, maybe three. Scott still is yet to show any real signs of promise in the majors. But both have all the shots and skills necessary (except maybe clutch putting... but it will come). I also think Sergio will finish with more wins and majors than Scott... but both should eventually break through, unless Tiger just starts winning every single one.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I like Adam Scott's golf swing and his personality. Sergio's interview after he lost the British Open shows he still needs some growing up to do.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

i think sergio has to much talent to not win one this year i think oakland hills sergio get his first major.

whats in my bag
r7 425 v2 x flex
ss 2.5 stiff
:KZG-forged evolution project x 6.5
cg12 52,56900 form forged 60 bettanardi co3 33.75"pro v1

Scott is quite a bit better than El Whino, he just needs to learn to close tournaments a little better. I can think of several times that Scott could've easily won this past season but he just ended up making silly little mistakes that would cost him.

Hi, golfers. I am about 60 years old and have an anxiety disorder. When I watch Sergio grip a putter I think, "At least I'm not that bad."

Sergio would make a great poster child for "YIPS", "GAGS" and "would you please stop puking on yourself while everyone else is trying to win this thing?"

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

Note: This thread is 5874 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!