IGNORED

What ball do you use

Note: This thread is 4944 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just switched from the Taylormade TP Black LDP to the Penta and will never look back!

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today will be my first round with a Wilson Staff C:25.

I've played in a couple scrambles with them, but we got some distance balls in our gift bags and I was using them depending on the holes. Dunlop Distance (those mofos do go a long way - good ball for the money probably) and Maxfli something or other - lost that 3-pack on the front nine so those are jinxed.

the C:25s weren't biting like I thought they should, but when we turned in our card a lot of people were commenting on the hard greens - I'll give them another chance.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Titleist Pro V1, although I am considering a switch to Nike One Black. Tried a sleeve last week and the distance and directional control surprised me. Now if I can only get them to behave on the green...
My Implements of Destruction (carried in a Hoofer Lite bag):

DRIVER: Big Bertha Diablo 10 degree draw, Aldila regular flex
FAIRWAY WOODS: G2 14 degree 3 wood & 17 degree 5 wood
IRONS: S59 3-PWWEDGES: M/B 54, 58, & 60 degree PUTTER: I Series Anser 4 (or G5i Anser, Anser 2F, or original...

Titleist ProV1 and Taylormade Penta
In my Titleist mid-size staff bag:

Driver: 909D2 9.5*
Fairway: 909F3 13*
Hybrids: 909H 17* & 21*Irons AP2 4-PW S300Wedges: Spinmilled 52.08 & 58.08Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 Balls: ProV1, TM Penta

Tried the new Noodle EZ Distance this week and I'm liking the results. Length is fine, feel is better than expected. Nice value for a 2 pc ball at $15 /dozen.

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

I'm currently playing the ProV1x and TM PentaTP side by side. I actually perfer the feel of the penta off of the wedges and the putter.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

I have boxes of Pentas, Nike One Black, TM TP Red/Black, Titleist NXT, and Nike One Vapor in my closet. My newest pickup was the Nike One Vapors from lostgolfballs.com so I was playing them for a few weeks and really like them. Went out to play a round in some windy conditions the other day so I took a sleeve of my TM TP Reds with me and was reminded of why I fell in love with them in the first place...I dont think you'll ever find a better ball to use in windy conditions. So good around the greens too! Had my best round in about 6 months.

What's in my TaylorMade stand bag:
taylormade.gifSuperfast TP 10.5° Matrix HD6 graphite stiff shaft
nike.gifSasQuatch 2 Steel #3 Wood: 15° Diamana SasQuatch Graphite
cobra.gifBaffler DWS Hybrid Utility Woods: 3/R 20°
cobra.gifS2 Forged irons 4-PW stiff flex steel shaftcleveland.gifCG15 satin chrome 48° gap wedge 8 bouncemizuno.gifMP T Series chrome 53° sand...cleveland.gifnike.gifbridgestone.giftaylormade.gif

I got 2 dozen Callaway TourIX from my dad for christmas and just ran through the rest of them on a 4 round golf vacation with him. I picked up a dozen of the Pentas and they seemed nice. Pretty soft feeling around the green. Only grip is I seemed to lose some distance on drives but that could just be the softer/wetter fairways in SoCal then I'm used to in the phoenix area. And I can make 1 ball last about 1.5 rounds so I see durability and thses seemed to get scratched pretty easy.

OG Hoofer bag
Titleist 905R 9.5°, Grapite Design YS-6+ (S)
Callaway Warbird 4 wood, Grafalloy ProLaunch 65S
Ping ISI-s: JZ Cushin Regular flex, white dot
Titleist Vokey Design 54° "AW", Cleveland 588 60° "LW", Ping IWI Craz-E

Home Course: Falcon Dunes, Luke AFB, AZ

I had been using the Pro V1 until a recent trip to Hawaii. I found an NXT Tour on the second hole at Wailea Emerald and fell in love with it. It fits my game and bought a couple dozen when I got home.

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

• 1 month later...
I'm currently in love with my Bridgestone e6's - for the price i cant find a ball that i like any better.

In my Cobra Carry bag:

Driver - Callaway Razr Fit (stiff)
3 Wood -  FcW 3 wood (stiff)
Hybrid - TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 Hybrid 19* (stiff)

Irons - - AP1 - 4 to GW (stiff)

Wedges - - CG 14 Black Pearl - 52*, 56* and 60*

Putter - Odyssey Versa Jailbird 

Balls - Srixon Z-Star XV

I like the Callaway 2008 Tour ix, they seem to go straight with decent distance, I also like Titleist, I found a Pro V1 and played it, I liked it alot.

In my Stand bag...
K15 9.5* Driver
K15 16* 3 Wood
Steelhead III 5 Wood
AP1 4-G Irons G15 20* and 23* Hybrid iWedge 56* 1/2 CRAZ-E Putter

Ha! I'm at that point where I'm not good enough to really notice all that much of a difference in balls. Yet I find that I hit TM Pentas really well just because I "think" they're better. I hate paying so much more money for a "feather in Dumbo's hat" situation.

In my Stratus bag:
Driver DymoSQ 10.5*
3 Wood DymoSQ 13*
3H Burner High Launch 19*
Irons Tour SpecialWedge Classic Grind 56*Putter Dual Force 668Balls Burner

New or used Pro V1x, i would pull off the used Pro V1x in a very tight and OB prone course, otherwise i mostly play new ones in a fair course. Pro V1x is pretty durable, one new ball would last 1-2+ rounds of 18 holes without much damage on the cover.

Driver: Cleveland Launcher 9.5* (UST Proforce V2 65 R)
#3, #5, #7 and #9 Wood: Cleveland Launcher (Cleveland Gold, UST Proforce and Grafalloy ProLaunch regular shaft)
Hybrid irons: 5-6, Adams (Graphite Design YS+ Graphite R)
Irons: 7-PW, Adams Tech OS Hybrid (True Temper GS75 steel R)
Wedges: 52*...

• 2 weeks later...
I really like the Bridgestone E6, or the Srixon Softs. I am looking for a cheaper ball that i can carry if i start loosing the expensive ones... A buddy of mine told me to try the Maxfli Low Compressions... I guess I have to make a trip to Dicks...

Golf Bag
Driver:
Woods:
Irons:: CG7 Black Pearls
Wedges CG14 52-56Hybrids:PutterBall E6

Note: This thread is 4944 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!