IGNORED

Nike Method Putter

EZ Swinger
Note: This thread is 4840 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This putter looks pretty clean to me. I think it is going in the right direction compared to the other style of putters Nike sells.

10.5* Adams Super Fast 10
17*, 21* Adams Black Super Hybrid
X-24 irons
Jaws 52*,56*,60* Wedges
White Ice #9 Putter

Top Flite Gamer v2

Dont get me wrong, I want a Red X bad, I'm not dogging it, I'm saying that it's funny how, because it has a swoosh on it, it's labeled "busy", but it's ok when it's Titleist/Scotty Cameron.

The Red X is one of the few Scottys I dislike, again, because it's sole is too busy. And I prefer more blade style putters than mallets anyway. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying Nike Golf doesn't make good equipment; Tiger wouldn't be playing them if they weren't good (and if he didn't get truck loads of Dollars for just appearing on TV with them) this is a strictly personal choice: I just don't like the looks of their equipment. Performance-wise they could be great for all I know, I have never tried them, but I can't get past the looks.

My achievements:
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 18
Best Round: 89

• 3 weeks later...
Here's more info -

This is inaccurate -

You will be able to order the Nike limited release putter yourself online at www.nikestore.com starting November 2nd. You will then be able to tell them the specs and they will customize it by stamping your initials if desired on the putter. The putter will come with a signed certificate with the name of the person at The Oven who made the putter for you. The limited release putters will go for $499.
Taylormade R9 TP 9.5*w/ Diamana Kai'li 70 S (SST PURE)
Callaway FT 3 Wood
Adams Pro Black Hybrid 20* w/ Voodoo NV8 S
MP-68 3-PW irons w/ KBS Tour X-flex (softstepped 1x)
Cleveland CG-12 52.10Cleveland CG-15 DSG 56.08 Vokey Limited Edition 60-V w/ KBS black nickel S-FlexCircle T Beached Center Shaft...

• 1 year later...

I use a Scotty Newport and have for years.  Once upon a time I changed putters constantly, and finally decided years ago to find a putter I could stick with, and after many hours on store putting greens testing putters, I went with the Scotty because, all things considered, I just made more putts comparing apples to apples.  I am now considering buying a Method.

When killing time in golf stores, I always wander by the putting green, pick up a few putters (new and used) and practice a little, particularly when the weather is this bad.  A couple of months ago I picked up a Nike Method in a Golfsmith store and was very impressed.  I was holing long distance putts with the Method, one after another.  I really work on my putting, and think of myself as a good putter (tee to green is another story), so I want as much of an edge on the greens as I can get.  I don't care at all how it looks, I want to hole putts.

The Nike Method doesn't have the overall look of a Scotty, but in terms of doing what a putter is supposed to do, help you hole putts, it is impressive.  I'll likely end up getting one after a few more practice sessions at the store, if they go as well as they've have been, it's going to be hard for me not to take it home, even at $250.   When you look at the evidence, the ball does start to roll faster than any other putter.  That helps putts hold their line, and helps with distance control as well.

Instead of basing your decision on the putter based on your conception of the brand or on how it looks in pictures, I recommend trying one in a store.

Originally Posted by Scofieldkid

I use a Scotty Newport and have for years.  Once upon a time I changed putters constantly, and finally decided years ago to find a putter I could stick with, and after many hours on store putting greens testing putters, I went with the Scotty because, all things considered, I just made more putts comparing apples to apples.  I am now considering buying a Method.

When killing time in golf stores, I always wander by the putting green, pick up a few putters (new and used) and practice a little, particularly when the weather is this bad.  A couple of months ago I picked up a Nike Method in a Golfsmith store and was very impressed.  I was holing long distance putts with the Method, one after another.  I really work on my putting, and think of myself as a good putter (tee to green is another story), so I want as much of an edge on the greens as I can get.  I don't care at all how it looks, I want to hole putts.

The Nike Method doesn't have the overall look of a Scotty, but in terms of doing what a putter is supposed to do, help you hole putts, it is impressive.  I'll likely end up getting one after a few more practice sessions at the store, if they go as well as they've have been, it's going to be hard for me not to take it home, even at $250.   When you look at the evidence, the ball does start to roll faster than any other putter.  That helps putts hold their line, and helps with distance control as well.

Instead of basing your decision on the putter based on your conception of the brand or on how it looks in pictures, I recommend trying one in a store.

Which style method were you using?

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

I love my Nike Method 001.  The greens at my club are extremely slow so it helped me get the ball rolling faster.  I bought mine last year the week before the British Open when Tiger announced he was going to use the same model.  I thought for sure everyone was going to think I bought it because of him but I totally beat him too it....ha!

I just bought a Method… 005 model.

I did a lot of homework on this putter. You guys need to at least try rolling one. The very first putt I knew I liked it. Wether or not I could game one was another story. But after a few months of being frustrated with my putting game and doing some good research/homework, and hitting one as much as possible in the store, I dropped my Scotty Cameron for one. Call me crazy, but unless you have tried one you're only being ignorant to yourself. Im not trying to sell you guys one, Im just sayin 'Be Open Minded'. Your game will thank you… I cant say for sure its the putter, but ive managed to drop about 5 shots off my game and I would honestly say that 4 out of 5 of them were because I made more putts. Distance control for sure is a huge step up with this thing.

Scotty Camerons are nice. I have 3. But to say that the Nike Method is not worth Scotty Cameron money is quite foolish. The Method is a very well manufactured putter with a ton of research and development behind it. It truly does deserve respect. Hell, go ahead and count how many of Nike's pros are using a method. I think you'll be surprised. Most recently Anthony Kim switched from a Scotty Cameron to a method…

And to all the people saying "its too busy"… How many times have you looked at the face of your putter while you putt? Hahaha, Im just sayin… From the top looking down it looks just like every other putter in the bin.

In my Ogio bag.

Titleist 910D2 driver, Adams irons & hybrid, Callaway wedges & a Nike Method putter.

And a yellow ball.

The great irony of life: "If nobody gets out alive, what's holding you back!?"

Note: This thread is 4840 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!