IGNORED

Cheap replacement for Nike Vapors?

Note: This thread is 5317 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thread says it all.
Love the Vapors but kinda pricey, so I need something that I can find on sale, used or recycled.
Bought some used noodles based on some threads I have read, and those felt like rocks comparatively.
Based on specs it seems like the Callaway Pearl is close so I'm going to buy a sleeve, but just checking to see if you guys have any other ideas.

What's in my sweet Sun Mountain Bag
Driver: 10.5 SuperQuad
3-Wood: Burner
5-Wood: G10
Hybrids: 23 26 Gold Pro Irons: Slingshot 6-A Wedge: 54 & 58 Scratch  Putter: White Ice #1 Gotta have balls: Vapor

Thanks for the website info, but I thought that the Vapor has a compression of 70 just like the pearl.
http://www.lostgolfballs.com/Nike-On.../category_id/1
click the specs tab

And I know its a women's ball but I can find them pretty cheap online.
Plus I have pink zero friction tees. Why? They were on sale, a pack of 36 for 2 bucks.
Frugalness > manlyness

Hybrids: 23 26 Gold Pro Irons: Slingshot 6-A Wedge: 54 & 58 Scratch  Putter: White Ice #1 Gotta have balls: Vapor

Give the Srixon AD333 a try or the Soft feel, they have a compression rating of 80 and 70, spin is pretty good too.
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 9.5˚
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 15˚
adams.gif A7 17˚
adams.gif Idea Pro 3-PW
mizuno.gif MP T-11 52˚, MP T-10 58˚  cameron.gif Red X  titleist.gif NXT

I enjoyed playing the Nike Vapor, too.

I don't really know of a direct replacement, either. It was a pretty unique ball.

The talk of gaming a "women's" ball made me remember the fanfare and huge support the Precept Lady ball generated a few years back. This ball was flying off the store shelves. I played this one to some sucess, too.

I'm not sure how close in comparisson the Precept Laddie ball is. I do know that you can get them for a great bargain .....24 balls for $20.

Good luck.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Thanks for the replies.
Tried the Pearl and it is pretty close to what the Vapor felt like.

I will definitely try the Srixon soft feel next time I'm out playing.

Thanks for the heads up on the Laddie X. Those things are dirtball cheap online so I'll order some next paycheck.

Srizon AD333

Whats In the Bag?
Hibore XL Fujikura Gold Regular Shaft
GT Tight Lies 2 3 wood
A30S 2 Iron Hybrid Prolaunch Platinum Stiff
G5 3 Hybrid Prolaunch Blue Stiff Zing irons 4-PW Dynamic Golf S300 Eye 2 Sand Wedge J33 Lob Wedge Pro V1PGA Brand T-Line Putter/ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2

I picked up 3 dozen taylormade burner TPs off rockbottomgolf for around 11/doz and they are really good. I was using Callaway Warbirds that I got even cheaper but the Taylormades are really nice balls.

I play One Tour Ds in competitive play but I'm thinking about switching to the taylormades because they are really soft yet seem to come off the driver better.

In my
Extreme Sport bag:
FTiq 10° Stiff Flex Driver
906F4 Fairway 15.5°
SQ 3/5i Hybrids 21°/26° AP1 S300 4-W SV Tour 54° Vokey Oil Can 58° Nike iC 20-10A Blade Putter"The only Pro-V that I use is my shampoo." - Me

Note: This thread is 5317 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!