IGNORED

Does Anyone Play Tour Edge????

motsco
Note: This thread is 5130 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Irons or woods.

What's your opinion?

Why you like them?

Why you dislike them?

My tour edge experience has been great. 7 wood, 9 wood and 10.5 driver (that replaced my taylormade 10.5 driver).

XCG hybrids and 3 wood... the most solid feeling fairway/hybrid I have ever hit. Weighted well and go a long way with an effortless swing. I had the stock aldila shafts and they were decent... replaced those with matrix shafts... much better.

13 Wedges
1 Putter

Irons or woods.

I have had a number of their clubs, including one set of irons. I think I have had at least one hybrid or fairway wood for at least 7 or 8 years. Over time I think their strong suit is their 3 woods and hybrids. Putters and wedges need work.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

My 2nd set of irons I ever had, my dad bought me some Tour Edge Comp 950.

I LOVED them ... played with them for probably over 5 years. Played them so much that I pretty much wore them down until they were smooth. Never got fit for them, never had the loft or lie checked on them ... played the best golf in my life! (I think I had those clubs when I was down to a 6 handicap)

Eventually I decided to get some new irons, and went through the fitting process at Golfsmith ... ended up with some Callaway X-18. I like the irons, but for some reason (either through bad golf or bad lessons), I've never been close to a 6 handicap again

Callaway X-18 Irons | TaylorMade R5 Driver, 200 Steel 3 Wood | Cleveland Golf CG-14 Gap & Sand Wedge | Titleist Vokey Lob Wedge | Odyssey White Hot Putter | Titleist ProV1 Ball | Bushnell Pro 1600 Tournament Edition Laser Rangefinder

I play a Tour Edge Exotics Driver (have three of them) and a CB1 4w.

Really solid clubs. The CB1 is probably the best fairway wood I've ever had. I also hit the Exotics drivers real well and I think they are one of the most beautiful drivers at address I've ever had in my hands -- the head is jet black with no alignment marks and as close to a traditional shape as you'll get for a 450cc+ head.

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

I have the Geomax hybrids. Really good well built clubs. Couldn't hit my long irons with any consistancy so I bought the hybrids and have been hitting them really well.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

never bagged them but have hit them at demo days and find they have some good stuff. Hybrids and woods are exceptional, never tried the irons but have my eye on a Tour Edge putter. I think they need a better name but the product seems great.

I never had considered Tour Edge until I went to HotStix in Scottsdale for a custom fitting session.... They put me into a CB2 3 wood that is absolutely Hot. Longest 3 wood I have ever owned. The shaft has a lot to do with it, but the Face is HOT. I am looking at acquiring other Tour Edge instruments. It is quality product IMO.

Snowman0157

My whole bag, save for the putter is now Tour Edge. Geomax driver and 3 metal, QLS iron/hybrids.

If they get stolen today (hope not), I'd replace them exactly as is tomorrow.

I think they're great clubs and I like the idea of supporting a made in USA business.

I wish them continued success.

Playing a CB2 hybrid right now.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Playing the Tour Edge XLD Driver and 3 wood. Turned my slice into an fade. I like the feel of the Graphite Design shaft also. Best thing is the life time warranty on Tour Edge products.

Driver...Ping G10 10.5* V2 High Launch

4-wood......Bobby Jones by Jesse Ortiz 2012 17*
3-4 Hybrid.......Bobby Jones Player Series 21* and 25*
Irons.........Mizuno MX-200
Wedges....Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 52*, Ping Tour-W 56*, Ping Tour-S 60*....Putter-Ping Redwood Piper.....Ball-Srixon TriSpeed Tour

Playing the Tour Edge XLD Driver and 3 wood. Turned my slice into an fade. I like the feel of the Graphite Design shaft also.

That's what it says on paper... in reality... its much different. I hit my driver off the deck on the range just to see what I could do. I ended up denting the bottom of the driver... they told me it would be 299 for a new head. So much for the warranty.

13 Wedges
1 Putter

That's what it says on paper... in reality... its much different. I hit my driver off the deck on the range just to see what I could do. I ended up denting the bottom of the driver... they told me it would be 299 for a new head. So much for the warranty.

I had a different experience. I broke a hybrid, sent it back and got a new one. I did register the original club when I bought it.

did you tell them you were hitting off the deck? if so, your dumb. You should of told them it happened on a normal swing on the course. And if you said that and they didnt honor their warranty, is that not grounds for them being sue'd or something along those lines. or atleast a call to the better buisness burea?

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

did you tell them you were hitting off the deck? if so, your dumb. You should of told them it happened on a normal swing on the course. And if you said that and they didnt honor their warranty, is that not grounds for them being sue'd or something along those lines. or atleast a call to the better buisness burea?

I'm dumb... Really?

Show me where it says on a driver it is not supposed to be hit off the deck?

13 Wedges
1 Putter

I'm dumb... Really?

im saying your dumb for telling them straight up you were using it in a way that would void the warranty.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

im saying your dumb for telling them straight up you were using it in a way that would void the warranty.

Once again, where does it say that it would void the warranty?

13 Wedges
1 Putter

Note: This thread is 5130 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!