IGNORED

Pinehurst NC in December?!

Note: This thread is 5249 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just back from playing Tobacco Road, Legacy, and Pine Needles. There was a cold wind blowin but it was manageable. Tobacco Road was incredible and thought that it could not get any better until we played Pine Needles. Can't decide which one I liked better and the courses could not be any more different. Was let down with Legacy as every hole seemed the same. We also did a walk through at Pinehurst. The staff at all of the courses were nice and they were all in good shape with Pine Needles in the best condition. The Village was nice and a trip would be incomplete without going to Dugans. Can't wait to get back and will have to play Foxfire, based on the above comments, Tot Hill, and T-Road. No. 2 is on my list too.

• 3 weeks later...
Most of the courses have overseeded with rye and the grass has come in very nicely. Mid Dec is actually a good time to visit. Yes it can be a bit chilly and you might have a frost delay or two, but temps in the 50's and 60's are not all that bad. Legacy is a very nice course, Southern Pines is very good.

Please let us know how it goes. I think you will find Beacon Ridge is your weakest choice, but you got a great price. You should check out the Restaurant at the Harness track for breakfast. It is near he Pit. Classic breakfast with blueberry pancakes and open early. You have to try to spend $6.00!! It is a locals favorite.

You have signed on for a lot of driving!! DO NOT DRINK & DRIVE IN PINEHURST!!! They are very tough, it is almost unfair.

Just back from playing Tobacco Road, Legacy, and Pine Needles. There was a cold wind blowin but it was manageable. Tobacco Road was incredible and thought that it could not get any better until we played Pine Needles. Can't decide which one I liked better and the courses could not be any more different. Was let down with Legacy as every hole seemed the same. We also did a walk through at Pinehurst. The staff at all of the courses were nice and they were all in good shape with Pine Needles in the best condition. The Village was nice and a trip would be incomplete without going to Dugans. Can't wait to get back and will have to play Foxfire, based on the above comments, Tot Hill, and T-Road. No. 2 is on my list too.

Glad you had a nice trip. Be sure to play Tot Hill Farm next time you come. Incredible golf course. If you enjoyed Tobacco Road, you will love what Mike Stranz did with Tot Hill Farm.

I can help you out with Tee times on #2 or #7 or #8. Give me a call next time you are through. You didn't visit the Pinecrest?

Tobacco Road is a love it or hate thing. It certainly is different.

Any resturant recommendations to share?

Well the trip is this weekend... its looking like Friday and Sunday are going to be fine weather wise. Saturday, not so much.

Any locals with some inside scoop on the weather!?
In my bag
Machspeed 9.5 Stiff
CrossBax 5 wood
Idea Tech 19* Hybrid
a3 22* Hybrid Slingshot 4D Graphite 5-AW Burner XD 56* & 60* Wedge Callie Putter e6+Home Course: www.dogwoodtracegolf.com

I played Whispering Pines last summer and was pretty disappointed. I think there are lot of other courses in the area that are better. I wouldn't pay to play it again. Just my two cents..

Tobacco Road
Anderson Creek
Beacon Ridge

I've played these 3 courses..Tabacco Road being my favorite. and its a toss up between the other 2.

I played them all in tournament play from the back tees. I thought anderson creek was the hardest!

Cleveland Launcher Driver
Taylormade r7 3 wood
Odyssey White Steel
Mizuno MP-32 3-PW
Cleveland wedges

Just got back!!

Played Beacon Ridge on Friday and was amazed at how beautiful the course looked in mid December. Really enjoyed it... wasnt too tough of a course, but you had to hit some tough shots. Shot 91.

Played Legacy on Saturday... wasnt in as good of condition as Beacon Ridge and was alot tougher in my book. However, I hit the ball about as good as I have ever hit the ball. Shot 87 and that was with a 9 spot on #2.

Didnt get to play Tobacco Road on Sunday due to nasty weather, but I did get my rain check and most definitely will be heading back.

The condo at Erin Hills was really nice and located in the perfect spot. We were no more than 10 minutes away from everything.

Had one of the best breakfast plates EVER.. Sizzlin' Steak or Eggs. Staff was awesome and the food was better!

It was cold down there... but overall, we really enjoyed our trip!
In my bag
Machspeed 9.5 Stiff
CrossBax 5 wood
Idea Tech 19* Hybrid
a3 22* Hybrid Slingshot 4D Graphite 5-AW Burner XD 56* & 60* Wedge Callie Putter e6+Home Course: www.dogwoodtracegolf.com

• 2 weeks later...
Went down last week (Dec. 13th to the 17th) but the (freak?) weekend storm cut the trip a few days short. Other than that the weather was fairly decent, worst day was mid 40's and misting/drizzling rain in Raleigh (Sunday) and best day was 60 and sunny in Wilmington (Tuesday).

Probably need to add that I'm coming from New England so I'm happy to play in about any conditions at this point. However, overall it was a lot milder than I had somehow pictured it.

The other unexpected bonus was that at RGA, Beau Rivage, and The Pit we basically didn't see other golfers on the course all day. The day it was 60 degrees, the course was packed. But let the temp drop ~15 degrees and the winds come up a little and we would show up and only see one or two cars in the parking lot.

Mike

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5249 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!