IGNORED

Phil Mickelson in 2010

dummyisdumb
Note: This thread is 5279 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

tiger is already so far ahead of everybody in the world golf rankings so it would be tough for anybody to take him on.
however phil does look like he will have an excellent 2010 season
(i wonder how much the new groove rule will affect phil and his wedge game?)
DRIVER: titleist 910d3 9.5* project x 6.0
3WOOD: titleist 910fd 15* project x 6.0
HYBRID: titleist 910h 19* project x 6.0
IRONS: titleist 710 ap2 3-pw nippon xstiff
WEDGES: titleist vokey 52.08 & 58.08
PUTTER: scotty cameron studio select newport 2

i wonder how much the new groove rule will affect phil and his wedge game?)

I really don't think it will. He is the best short game player around and he's got plenty of time to get used to the change. From what I've read, a lot of pros are already using the conforming grooves anyways.... not sure if Phil is or not.

Quote: Originally Posted by lobsterzilla how did this thread dissolve into talking about phil's boobs. because of you? Quote: Originally Posted by lobsterzilla phil isnt fat at all he just has pointy nips. he used to be kinda dumpy tho...

LOL

Bring back popped collar Yonex Phil!

Driver: taylormade.gif Tour Burner 9.5*
4 Wood: taylormade.gif200 Steel 16*
Irons: taylormade.gif Burner '09
Wedges: taylormade.gif RAC TP Satin 54*, 58*
Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot Tour #9  Ball: bridgestone.gif B330

From what I've read, a lot of pros are already using the conforming grooves anyways.... not sure if Phil is or not.

no, he's not, i was watching the HSBC last week and the commentator said that phils grooves all match the criteria required on all of his clubs except his wedges

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

I would say right now he's the best player in the world, but do you think he'll take over the Number One spot in the OWGR?

I agree that he is the best right now and the field should be concerned if he continues his great play. As for talent he is number 1 he just needs to get a better mental game.

Tiger's had a surgery to deal with and Phil's had a hard personal life this year. However both performed well due to their circumstances. Tiger is still number one next year more than likely, but damn it, I love Phil's heart. I say Phil will be at Tiger's throat in 2010 and it'll be, not only one interesting year, but major's will definately be to watch!
In My Under Armour Links Stand Bag or PING Hoofer Vantage Team Bag :
i15 9.5°, Project X Graphite -7A3 | i15 15.5°, Project X Graphite -8A4 | S57 2 - PW, Project X 6.5 | Tour-W 56.10/60.8 Project X 6.5 | Redwood Black Satin Anser | Titleist Black | Golf Pride Tour Velvet Round Grips With Logo...

although i think phil will perform better than tiger in 2010. there are other variables. like everyone else. as well as rory mcilroy who is leading the money in the race to dubai. he will be playing in at least 15 events next year. so watch out for that.

Forget your opponents; always play against par. ~Sam Snead

Sumo2 5900 9.5, ProForce V2 stiff
Diablo 3w
Baffler TWS 3h MP57 4-pw VR wedge 52.10, 56.14 TPz 60.06 Studio Style Newport 2 SG5ProV1x

I would say right now he's the best player in the world, but do you think he'll take over the Number One spot in the OWGR?

Tiger is still #1 but Phil has re-establihsed himself as his main rival. This is especially true that Phil won the Tour Championship and the HSBC, playing the final group with Tiger. Next year should be an exciting one for the PGA Tour.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

I agree, Phil really came back strongly at the end of a very, very difficult year for him. We know he's got the talent, this showed a lot of mental toughness/discipline as well.

But with his style of play, Phil is always gonna keep us on the edge of our seats if you know what I mean. Sometimes it can even be hard to watch ........ but I never do miss a shot of course.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

I agree, Phil really came back strongly at the end of a very, very difficult year for him. We know he's got the talent, this showed a lot of mental toughness/discipline as well.

You are right. Watching Phil is a real roller coaster ride. How many players can whiff a lob shot and still win? That's Phil in a nutshell! He gives us thrills and chills.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Note: This thread is 5279 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!