IGNORED

Pairs alternate shot at WCG

Caddyshack
Note: This thread is 5273 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Im just watching the World Cup of Golf and its the pairs alternate shot round , im wondering what ball do they use? say one player is a titleist player and the other a callaway or TM , what ball do they use or do they replace it with their own ball before each shot?

It's something that has to be decided upon before the round. At last years Ryder cup, I was watching AK and Phil warm up before they played one of their matches on Friday. During the warm up, they discussed ball preference. Im not sure what they went with, but Im pretty sure they have to pick a ball and stick with it for better or worse.

Driver: taylormade.gif Tour Burner 9.5*
4 Wood: taylormade.gif200 Steel 16*
Irons: taylormade.gif Burner '09
Wedges: taylormade.gif RAC TP Satin 54*, 58*
Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot Tour #9  Ball: bridgestone.gif B330

It's something that has to be decided upon before the round. At last years Ryder cup, I was watching AK and Phil warm up before they played one of their matches on Friday. During the warm up, they discussed ball preference. Im not sure what they went with, but Im pretty sure they have to pick a ball and stick with it for better or worse.

yea i remember them talking about it they find a ball they both agree to use

If I remember correctly, at the recent President's cup, Mickelson used the ball that O'hare used in their round. Pretty sure A Kim used Mickelson's ball for the first round of the President's cup. So yes, players do have to come to an agreement before the round starts on which ball to use.

10.5* Adams Super Fast 10
17*, 21* Adams Black Super Hybrid
X-24 irons
Jaws 52*,56*,60* Wedges
White Ice #9 Putter

Top Flite Gamer v2

If I remember correctly, at the recent President's cup, Mickelson used the ball that O'hare used in their round. Pretty sure A Kim used Mickelson's ball for the first round of the President's cup. So yes, players do have to come to an agreement before the round starts on which ball to use.

If then, partner of Paula Creamer may ended up to play the Pink ball?

Golf: Agony & Love over 3 Generations

Im just watching the World Cup of Golf and its the pairs alternate shot round , im wondering what ball do they use? say one player is a titleist player and the other a callaway or TM , what ball do they use or do they replace it with their own ball before each shot?

hmmm, when AK played with Phil, they went out some days before for a practice round and played with each others balls to see whose felt better off the face (no pun intended but, tee hee) and they choose whose ball they both feel more comfortable with

In My Under Armour Links Stand Bag or PING Hoofer Vantage Team Bag :
i15 9.5°, Project X Graphite -7A3 | i15 15.5°, Project X Graphite -8A4 | S57 2 - PW, Project X 6.5 | Tour-W 56.10/60.8 Project X 6.5 | Redwood Black Satin Anser | Titleist Black | Golf Pride Tour Velvet Round Grips With Logo...

If then, partner of Paula Creamer may ended up to play the Pink ball?

I'm sure most of the guys here wouldn't mind at all.

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

I remember reading that Rory Mcilroy said that whoever is hitting the shot onto the green, the other player will hit his ball on his drive so the other guy can hit it to the green.
I think it may have been on his website actually.

EDIT:
taken from Rory's Website:
Q
Hey Rory! Been glued to the TV watching the matchplay.. With you playing Titleist and McDowell Callaway how did you come to the conclusion of using the Callaway ball rather than the Titliest? Marty Orme.

Marty Orme
A.
Hi Marty, good question! In professional team golf you play a two ball rule so all we did was in the greensomes I hit a Gmac's Callaway off the tee and then Gmac hit my Titleist off the tee and then whoever had the second shot in always had an iron shot with their own ball so sometimes I would have my Titleist hitting into the green and Gmac would have his Callaway though if Gmac missed the green with his Callaway I then had to chip with it as that's the way greensomes work. And then in the foursomes it's the same thing so if I was hitting the tee shot I'd hit Gmac's Callaway so he could hit his ball to the green and if he was hitting the tee shot it would be the other way round! So in effect we both played our own balls which you are allowed to do in team events as professionals. Hope that clears it up for you! All the best, Rory.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5273 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!