IGNORED

Basic winter rules (UK)

Mr Soane
Note: This thread is 5261 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm asking this as I had to disqualify myself form a comp for picking balls up from the rough to clean them. My misunderstanding arose from the belief that I can pick a ball up on the fairway to clean it and that if the ball is in casusal water in the rough I can pick a better lie within 6 inches of it's original position but no closer to the hole. So as of today I need a clear understanding of what I can and can't do during the round. I've downloaded a copy of the Rules of Golf from the R & A website so I 'm working my way through that, but a layman's interpretation is what I'm after. Thanks..

Funny thing how you first meet the woman that you marry. I first met the wife in a tunnel of love. She was digging it - Les Dawson

R7 TP 3i - 9i

R7 TP Superquad 9.5
R7 TP 3w
R7 TP's Rossa Daytona 1 TP Black R7 Stand-bag

It depends on the rules of the competition. If they allowed lift, clean, and place in the fairway, then anywhere in your fairway you can mark the ball, clean and place it within one club length from the original position of the pall, no closer to the hole.

However, if you are in casual water anywhere other than a hazard or a bunker (different relief procedure) you are allowed relief. What you do is inform your playing partners that you are in casual water and are going to take relief. You then mark you ball, find the nearest point of relief and then drop within one club length of the point of relief. You are allowed to clean the ball when taking a drop. If you are in a bunker, you are also allowed relief from casual water, but you have to drop in the bunker even is the bunker is 100% under water. You have to find the place that has the least amount of water and drop there. Or, under penalty of 1 stroke, you can drop outside the bunker.

Hope this helps.

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

The winter rules at my home course are through the green, so we can lift, clean and place anywhere except in a hazard; so, rough is no problem. As for casual water, the above poster covered it.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Note: This thread is 5261 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!