IGNORED

Teen Clubs?

Note: This thread is 4915 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

looks like you have a winner with the Slingshot 4D...they are 1.25 inch shorter than standard so they might only last 1 or 2 seasons...but for the money...who cares...go for it.

http://www.golfalot.com/equipment-re...haft-iron.aspx

In the Bag

Cobra Amp Cell Pro Black Tie 7M3 Stiff  |  LS Hybrid Kurokage Stiff  |
 Nickent 4DX KBS Hybrid Stiff 3,4  | Cobra S3 Pro 5-PW Project X 5.5  |
 Scratch 53*, 59*  |  Odyssey Backstryke  |  Srixon Z Star

looks like you have a winner with the Slingshot 4D...they are 1.25 inch shorter than standard so they might only last 1 or 2 seasons...but for the money...who cares...go for it.

I assume that the heads on these clubs, as well as pretty much any ladies or senior clubs are the same as on men's clubs of the same manufacturer and model, right? So I could always reshaft these later, when he grows, if I so choose?

In My Grom:
Driver: Taylormade R1 10.5°
Fairway: Taylormade RocketBallz Stage 2 Tour 14.5°
Hybrids: Ping G25 3, 4
Irons: Mizuno 5-PW JPX 800 Pro

Wedges: CG-14 50°, 56°, 60°

Putter: Nike Method 003

I have just been through this with the uk bridgestone rep to ask why none of the manufactures produce teen clubs

they all seem to be missing a gap in the market

my lad has just been fit for nike vr cavity backs and nike are making them for him as our pro is a nike ambasodor

steve

I assume that the heads on these clubs, as well as pretty much any ladies or senior clubs are the same as on men's clubs of the same manufacturer and model, right? So I could always reshaft these later, when he grows, if I so choose?

The sometimes have different accent colors, but they are the same metal and everything. Make sure to check the lofts though.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I had ladies clubs when I was younger.
They're shorter than mens clubs and the shafts are more flexy.

No point spending a load of money on clubs if he's just going to grow out of them

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

The sometimes have different accent colors, but they are the same metal and everything. Make sure to check the lofts though.

I guess I was referring more to the size of the head and the weight.

In My Grom:

I guess I was referring more to the size of the head and the weight.

seniors might be the same.

Ladies clubs have a lighter clubhead though

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

seniors might be the same.

I would think so, but how do you know? None of the manufacturer's websites or specs seem to list the clubhead weights.

In My Grom:

I doesn't really matter, you won't want to re-shaft when he grows out of them. If he picks up the game, put him into a more conventional set at 14 years old. My 15 year old son is playing muscle back irons now (small head), with little offset. This was his 3rd summer playing; when he went to the players irons, his game improved substantially, breaking 100 within 3 rounds (he played 110-115 before that), I would be really surprised if he doesn't brake 90 in the new year.

You can't get good playing with game improvement irons...that's why most of the single digits on this forum are playing "players" irons... Sell this set for $100 bucks in 2 years and start all over...by then you'll be able to customize something more specific to his needs...

In the Bag

Cobra Amp Cell Pro Black Tie 7M3 Stiff  |  LS Hybrid Kurokage Stiff  |
 Nickent 4DX KBS Hybrid Stiff 3,4  | Cobra S3 Pro 5-PW Project X 5.5  |
 Scratch 53*, 59*  |  Odyssey Backstryke  |  Srixon Z Star

I just came across two Nike sets that seem to be aimed at teens:

My son used a set of Nike Eagle junior clubs when he was younger. They were perfect for kids around 5' tall. When he grew to about 5'3", he moved on to a set of ladies clubs. The Nike junior clubs in the links above are likely more current versions of the Eagles.

Note: This thread is 4915 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!