IGNORED

A good deal on golf balls

cepausm
Note: This thread is 5143 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was in Target yesterday doing the dreaded after christmas shopping and saw they had Callaway tour iX on clearance for $24.99. I live in Miramar, Fl and don't know if other Targets have the same deal. Just figured someone would want to go snap up a few dozen.

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

In my bag:

Driver: Taylormade BurnerIrons: Fusion 5-AwHybrids: Idea 3i/17 deg-4i/21 degPutter: Never Compromise VoodooBall: Whatever I find, currently TP Black

Yea im in the Suburbs of Philadelphia P.A and we have a Target on every corner. I have not seen that deal at all. I was actually there yesterday and at Wal-mart and i seen the Tour ix but not the Tour i. And i believe they were $40. So at $25 a dozen thats a steal. Its a shame they dont have that deal up here or i would jump all over it. Tho i am a fan of the Tour i and not Tour ix for that price i would play them. I actually got a crap load of personalized Pro V 1's. The funny thing is she asked for the number to be personalized so all the balls were number 7. Insted of putting the letters she wanted then all balls to be number 7, they have the letters with the number 7 after them and still have the ball numbers 1-4. Very odd looking.

I'm going to give you a little advice. There's a force in the universe that makes things happen. And all you have to do is get in touch with it, stop thinking, let things happen, and be the ball.
Whats in my Walter Hagen stand bag.

Driver: VR Pro 9.5 Stiff

5 wood:SQ Stiff

3 Iron Hybrid:SQ Stiff Aldila Proto Vs 95-S

4-PW:VR Split Cavity Irons

SW:VR Black Satin 56

60:  CG 12

Ball:

Target usually has pretty good deals during the winter months here in Wisconsin too. Last year you could get a box of 15 Top-Flite D2s for $8. I usually stock up on golf balls during the winter months because of all the great deals.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

• 1 month later...
I was in WalMart today and saw some Nike One Platinum on the shelf, tucked behind a bunch of Nike Power Distance Long balls. There was no designated space on the shelf for the One Platinum.

So I grabbed a dozen and found a price scanner mounted in the toy section. I scanned the One Platinums and they were $16.86 per dozen!!!!!!!

I bought the remaining three dozen. Thanks WalMart.

After checking out, in the parking lot I overheard a kid tell his dad - "those are $45 dollar balls. They rang up for $16something."

(Sorry, man. I got the rest of 'em!)

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

That was a great deal on the One Platinum. Checked my two local Wal-marts that I drive by daily and they both had them priced correctly. Local discount golf place sells them for $31.99 a dozen, on sale now for $26.99 a dozen or two for $50.

titleist.gif Titleist 910 D3 - Project X 6.0 7C3 Shaft  |  adams.gif Adams XTD Super Hybrid - 15 degrees  
adams.gif Adams Idea Pro A12 Hybrid - 18 degrees 
Adams CB2 - KBS Tour Shafts - 4 - PW
vokey.gif Vokey 54.10 Oil Can  |  vokey.gif Vokey 60.07 Oil Can  |  rife.gif Rife Trinidad - SuperStroke

If you check on ebay for a company called knetgolf they sell all kinds of used golf balls. I know what your thinking, but I ordered 36 ProV1s (2009) for around $40 (free shipping too) and they were great. 90% were pretty much brand new all that was missing was that oily feel from when you take them out of there sleeves. The other 10% had either what was left of the ink from the markings that someone put on it (a good idea for anybody that doesn't already do it) or very very minor scuffs.
Boom Stick: 907 D2 w/accuflex The juice
3 wood: 909F2 w/Fujikura Motore F1 55
Hybrid: 909H 19* w/Fujikura Motore F1 80HB
Irons: 2010 AP2 (3-PW) w/Dynamic Gold S300
Wedges: Spinmilled 54*, 60*Putter: 2002 Studio Design 1.5Balls: Pro V1Range Finder: Pro 1600Proud Member of Piranhas Golf Team Ecole de...

Note: This thread is 5143 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!