IGNORED

how much to tip a caddie in Jamaica?

clearwaterms
Note: This thread is 5135 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I forgot to post my results of this trip when I was down there.

We arrived at Sandal's Negril with the expectation (because our travel agent told us) that Golf was free and included in our "all inclusive" however, what we learned was that it is in fact free and included at the OTHER Sandal's that is about 5 hours away. Because of the cost of the Golf, we only played one round.

Initially, I will admit that having a Caddy was a scary thought. I would not consider my game polished or pretty; to be honest it's down right ugly. I hook, I slice, I hit it fat, I top it, I 3 putt, the only part of my game that I am consistantly good at is the swearing at the golf ball (primarily because I have ALOT of practice) All this being said, having a caddy meant I couldn't foot wedge the ball, play the no penality provisional (no its not a mulligan, because Mulligan is a bad word) But after a few holes, when i realized that the caddy was actually a nice guy, i started to enjoy it, and towards the middle 6 holes, the caddy started to give me tips and started to help me out quite a bit, and when it was all said and done, I actually think I got more out of 18 holes with a caddy than I ever have in a single lesson. Since my playing partner and I shared the caddy, we tipped him about the same as a budget lesson would be in our home town (approx. $40) so we each gave him $20.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

We tipped him about the same as a budget lesson would be in our home town (approx. $40) so we each gave him $20.

I'd say that was perfect!!!

In my Nike SasQuatch Staff Bag:
Driver: Callaway FT-IQ 9.5 Stiff
Irons: Ping G5 4-P
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 56*, Cleveland bent to 49*
Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey
Ball: Srizon Z-Star Yellow
Range: SkyCaddie 2.5

I forgot to post my results of this trip when I was down there.

Sounds like a good time and I agree the tip was a good one. However, I think I'd have some words with the travel agent. Something to the effect that would guilt him/her into giving you something worth those 3 rounds of golf

you had your heart set on playing while you were there.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

Sounds like a good time and I agree the tip was a good one. However, I think I'd have some words with the travel agent. Something to the effect that would guilt him/her into giving you something worth those 3 rounds of golf

I have had a conversation with the travel agent. The conversation we had was much more Donald Trump like "You're Fired"

She screwed up alot of things that cost me quite a bit of money. We changed our flight to go out a day earlier, we were told we HAD to rebook the flight, so we did, we paid out of pocket for our new flight almost $1000 for my wife and I. She cancelled the first flight and said okay, here is your voucher number for your credit to a future flight. When we went to cash in the vouture we had $300 in penalities because we cancelled and didn't change our flight. The thing was, we were changing from Delta to Delta so had she done it right we would have still had that $300. When we added the extra day we were told it would be only a few dollars more. well, between the $300 in airline fee's and the fact that we had to pay full retail for the extra night in the room it ended up costing us almost $1000. The list of everything she screwed up for my family is long and those are just the highlights of the trip from mine and my wife's perspective. The rest of the family had unique complaints.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

Note: This thread is 5135 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!