IGNORED

swing vid

overswing
Note: This thread is 6457 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

hey new here,
im on many forums and have posted this there too:
today on the course my buddy brought out his video camera to shoot some vid's of our swings and i fugured i'd post em on here for critique and bashing, haha. the first one is on hole # 6, 390 yard dog-leg, par 4 in which i hit driver to about 135 yards out (255 or so), where i started it out just left of the tree's you see on the right and then it had a nice draw back to the middle. a very solid shot:

http://media.putfile.com/driver-swing

video #2 is on hole 16, a par 3 of 147 yards, in which i took a 9 iron off the tee up to the front right of the green. the wind was slightly right to left, and i was playing a big draw as i usually do with short irons, hence my foot alignment in the video.

http://media.putfile.com/short-iron-swing

i know that by no means do i have a great swing, but im comfortable with it, and it seems to work quite well. i would appreciate all the help i could get. thanks a lot.
Driver: Taylormade R580XD 10.5*w/GD YS6+
3wood: Nike Ignite T-60 15* w/Fujikura Stiff
Irons: Cleveland TA2 3I-PW w/ DG R300
Wedges: Taylormade RAC Satin 52,56 w/DG "TP"
Putter: Never Compromise Voodoo - 34 inchHandicap: 8Low Round: 75 (+3)Age: 14Location: Deep River, Ontario, Canada

hey new here,

you have quite an interesting swing :] im curious what driver you're using? maybe it was just the video camera but it sounded funny to me. all im going to say is "if it aint broke dont fix it"

905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder
200 steel 3 wood
200 steel 5 wood
690.CB 3-PW
56* 14 Pro Platinum Newport 2 Pro V1 B330-S

• Administrator

Two very quick comments...

You fall over after impact - never a very good sign.

video #2 is a 9 iron on hole 16, a par 4 of 147 yards, in which i took a 9 iron off the tee up to the front right of the green. the wind was slightly right to left, and i was playing a big draw as i usually do with short irons, hence my foot alignment in the video.

Did you ever imagine that lining yourself up 30 yards right of your target contributes to the draw?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

comment 1: hence my name is overswing! haha. gotta work on it, only happens ever few drives, but i think i just need to widen my stance, and get more bend in my knees.

comment 2: yeah i normally try to do that a bit, however i hadnt played in a few days , and when i do that unknowingly my alignment gets messed up, which it had today. i naturally play a draw and the win was right to left on that hole to , so i had to fight both lol
Putter: Never Compromise Voodoo - 34 inchHandicap: 8Low Round: 75 (+3)Age: 14Location: Deep River, Ontario, Canada

you have quite an interesting swing :] im curious what driver you're using? maybe it was just the video camera but it sounded funny to me.

probly the camera. it a taylormade r580xd with a ys6+ stiff shaft.

you asked for it, so here is my opinion (only on driver swing) :
- I'd work on more flex in your legs, that would allow you to be more balanced through the swing
- your backswing plane is very flat, you catching up to it on the top and downswing is on a right plane, but you have to "work" to get there - if you try to start your backswing flatter and away from your body as supposed to inside, which will bring up the plane of your backswing to be more upright - that could contribute to more consistency.... of course I'm no teaching pro, so don't make too much of my comment...

Other than that - I hate you. You're young, atlethic and flexible
Must be nice

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 6457 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!