IGNORED

New In Tampa.

Mrd19abhs
Note: This thread is 5153 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey everyone my names Ryan and I'm 22 and I live in Brandon, Fl and try to play at all the local courses within 30 minutes(so basically anywhere from lakeland to new tampa). Started playing in August of 09'. Was shooting 130+ and in six months im down to 101-108. Tryin to break the century mark by the end of Febuary and want to start shooting 90s regularly by the end of the year. If ya want to play hit me up I can play Thursday, Saturday and Sundays(on Sundays have to tee off by 815 so I can still get to work). Was playing with my best friend everyother week but he bought a house so dont have anyone to go with on a regular basis.

WITB:

• Driver: Titleist TSR3 8.0 A3, Badazz 60g S
  • Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 17*
  • Irons: T200 P-4
  • Wedges: Callaway X Forged 48*,56*,60*
  • Putter: Ping Anser Milled 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to The Sand Trap!

I 've got 12 more courses to go before I've played all courses within 30 minutes of my house...

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

Since I just recently started I've only played 8 courses but I do plan on playing alot more in the upcoming months.

WITB:

Since I just recently started I've only played 8 courses but I do plan on playing alot more in the upcoming months.

I live in the Tampa area...what courses have you played? I imagine Bloomingdale if you live in Brandon...great layout.

TEE - XCG6, 13º, Matrix Ozik HD6.1, stiff
Wilson Staff - Ci11, 3-SW, TX Fligthed, stiff

Odyssey - Metal X #7, 35in

Wilson Staff - FG Tour ball 

LMAO I saw "New in Tampa" then i was like wait, Ryan?!?! Didnt I just play with a guy named Ryan on Sunday? Well anyways, for your skill level, I would keep playing courses like Diamond Hill and Silverado that are more open. That way if you hit a banana ball right at least you can still play it (sometimes). Bloomingdale is a great course as well. You could easliy be a 90's player if you got those drives straightened out.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Yeah Kyle I know I gotta get the drives straight and fix my duffs. I think im gonna get some lessons soon.

I-guy. I have played at bloomingdale, diamond hill, this course in lakeland called wedgewood, Claw @ usf, heritage isles in new tampa, Silverado in Zypherhills, Babe Zaherahis and Rogers.

WITB:

Yeah Kyle I know I gotta get the drives straight and fix my duffs. I think im gonna get some lessons soon.

i have played all except wedgewood...Bloomingdale and Silverado are probably the two best out of what you listed...you should try Summerfiled and Apollo Beach (only Robert Trent Jones SR course on the west coast of Florida)...they are starting to take better care of it now.

Damn, looks like we gotta get a group together and go play 18 some time!

Kyle, getting that HC down! Nice work man, mine is creeping up slowly

Jim

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

Sounds like a plan but I had rotator cuff surgery in January and my Doctor says I won't be able to swing a Driver until July so we will have to hook up later in the summer...sounds like fun!

We def should get a group together. pm when you want to try and set something up.

WITB:

welcome, heard it was 40* down there last night, I'd give any thing for it to be that warm up here!

~Tom B.

I ordered a Chicken and an Egg on the Internet, to find out which came first... I'll keep you posted!

Thanks Jim. My home course in Jax is a 135 rating so I shot an 85 last week and it really helped. My previous 3 scores there have been over 96. Tough course but it rewards you when you keep the ball in the fairway. Its crazy to think I was a 19 when I first joined the forum in August.

Im down to get a group 18 going next time I'm in town. We could all help each other work on whatever since we have started to get a decent knowlegde on what a swing is supposed to look like lol

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

I know what its "supposed" to look like but I still cant do it Thats what fun though. I was a 27 when i signed up here in July I think. Nothing but help from everyone here, its been great! Hope the single digits are coming by the end of 2010!

135 rating huh? Thats a tough course dude, and 85 is a serious score for that kind of course! I shoot 85's on 120 ratings

HazardMagnet, your nuts! I had like 5 layers on last night! Waaaay too cold of a winter this year!

Im down to play most weekends so lets set this up! This weekend's gonna be cold though!

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Top Flite Gamer

I'll be in Tampa visiting relatives this weekend. Getting out of this snow in Virginia. I'm planning to play Macdill AFB on Tuesday. let me know if any of you guys want to join me. Supposed to be in the 60's on Tuesday...

I'd play with ya man, but I work till 3. Can anyone play Macdill??

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Top Flite Gamer

Hey Ryan, Its Kevin from Sunday. It was nice to meet you on Sunday. Still can't believe I made that eagle on #9.
In My Catalina Bag:

Driver: 09 9.5* Burner
Hybrid: Burner 3H 19*
Irons: R7'sPutter: OZ 4Balls: B330 RX

Nah... I ain't nuts, just have the unique pleasure of working out side in the winter. I coincedently got an e-mail from my sister that morning complaining of 44* in Tampa and having to sit outside for a few hours at my nephew's little league practise... It was 44* here a few weekends ago, me and the short iron's were out at the soccer field that afternoon, it was awesome to hear that sound, and see the balls fly!

~Tom B.

I ordered a Chicken and an Egg on the Internet, to find out which came first... I'll keep you posted!

Note: This thread is 5153 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!