IGNORED

Slice/fade

Note: This thread is 6447 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How far right? If it is a small amount then check your grip, setup and posture. If it is a large amount, balance, alignment, tempo or swing path may need to be addressed. I doubt tipsters can help without mavens more information.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Hello,

Is the big stick the only one that your having problems with??
what is the flight path of the some of the long irons like your 3 iron??

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5° TP Stiff
Fairway: Taylor Made V-Steel #3 w/Fujikura Rombax Stiff
Irons: Taylor Made rac LT 4-PW shaft; Rifle Flighted 6.0
Wedges: Tayor Made rac 52° 56° 60°Utility: Taylor Made Rescue TP #3 (Aldila NV Hybid 85g Stiff)Putter: Scotty...

When i tee off with my oversized driver i usually hit the ball well its just that it slices or it goes straight and fades right...what should i change or do different

hm.. it's like calling your doctor and saying "hey Doc, I've that problem with pain... send me the pills to fix it"

Any chance for a swing video post? Generally - there are two reasons for slice/fade: 1. clubface open at impact 2. "out to in" clubhead movement on the downswing both are caused by different things and the ballflight looks slightly different. both have 1001324 different methods of fixing attempts After all 70% of golfers are fighting the slice problem... From your description I'd guess your problem is the 2nd issue, which puts side spin on the ball, even though the clubface is almost square. Try to pay attention to the clubhead on the downswing, when you on the range - exagurate the in-to-out line and see what happens. You can use something (headcover will do) placed behind the ball, just to the right of it - and try not to hit it in the downswing. Of course - no warranties on this advice

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Your problem sounds a bit like mine, and if I were you I'd look at Rafcin's #2 suggestion, i.e. out-to-in clubhead path. I don't have this problem with any of the irons, just the driver and less so the 3-wood. On the range recently I discovered that I was sometimes lifting my hands above the swing plane at the very top of the backswing with driver, in a subconscious effort to get extra power, resulting in a marked fade/slice. So, 1) make sure you aren't doing this yourself, and 2) let your hands drop slightly below the plane of the backswing as your elbow moves down towards your right hip pocket at the same time as your hips start their turn to initiate the downswing. This should keep you on or slightly inside the ideal swing plane. When you're outside the swing plane with driver in hand, it's the very devil trying to adjust mid-swing and make a decent hit. Right now I'm working on getting a consistent draw with the driver (to get the feel of an inside path) and will then straighten it out.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

...Right now I'm working on getting a consistent draw with the driver (to get the feel of an inside path) and will then straighten it out.

Stop working, work is for losers (at least that's what Taylor Made people think!) - get this and your problems are fixed!

http://www.taylormadegolf.com/produc...il.asp?pID=133 I love Taylor Made product, but don't you think they are WAY over board with spitting out new stuff every other week???

I've just purchased a Big Bertha 454 Ti. My last driver was an original Warbird. I've always had issues with fade/slice but the warbird was alot easier to figure out if my slice started getting out of control. This new club, for the life of me I can't seem to rein in. I generally have a fairly fast swing but I've tried to slow it down and she still wants to push right. I don't believe I have an outside/in swing path. I can hit my Fusion 3 wood fairly straight and my irons have a slight fade. Something to do with the longer shaft makes for a worse slice.

I've tried changing my grip by moving my hands more to the right, changed my backswing to be less over the top and more pulled back. I'm at a loss.

454 RCH 65w FIRM 10deg ti
Fusion 3 Wood
Fusion Irons
SpinMilled 52,56,60
Detour

... This new club, for the life of me I can't seem to rein in.....

sounds like you tried a lot of things already - don't expect to find a fix here

I think it's worth to invest a $30 1/2hr lesson with your local pro to have him look at it. It could be something that you think it's OK, but it isn't. One spring I had problems with hooks off driver, couldn't figure out. 5 min with my instructor took care of it - ball position and grip - of course - they both were "ok" to me before he looked at it

Went to the range lastnight and my pull slice is pretty much gone. Now, I have a slight fade or a push draw and everything in the middle is straight. Can someone tell me how to be consistent. Actually nevermind, I know I have to practice. Heading out Sunday morning for 18. Only my second 18 this year. That is a problem.

454 RCH 65w FIRM 10deg ti
Fusion 3 Wood
Fusion Irons
SpinMilled 52,56,60
Detour

• 2 weeks later...
Slice/Fade... Basically caused by an open club face.. I suffer from this 'disease' but have basically learned to play with it in some form.

Some on the reasons that cause me to slice/fade have been...

1) left hand at top arching making the club face point downwards instead of parallel with left forearm... I'll try to focus on lighter grip pressure and let the wrists hinge on their own naturally through a good tempoed wide backswing

2) Standing up during the through swing... I do this often. I try to focus on keeping the same spine position at address through follow though....

3) Open shoulders at impact. They should be square... to help with this I try to keep my back to target as long as posible before I 'go' with my downswing....sometimes I can draw the ball this way, but the nasty 'cousin' shows from time to time ... mr. hook.. I use this as a swing thought during my practice swing in company with 'tempo'...

4) Club face not squaring from open to square to closed in the through swing. I try to.. work on a 'draw'. Although I seldom can get the ball to draw, the thought process helps me to close the clubface swinging from in to out to in...

5) Ball position. If the ball is too close to your body, or too far you'll cut across the face. Your arms should hang down from shoulders, slightly towards the ball. Mirrors are great tools, if you have one give it a shot..

6) Excess head or body slide. This causes again for you cut accross, as opposed to 'turning' through the ball. The ball is only the halfway point in the downswing. Focus your left eye (right handed) on the rear of the ball at address, when you begin your backswing stay focused there, although the head may move some, Starting the downswing try to maintain the same position, again the head will move some, but no forward, with the shouders bringing your head up on the follow through.

Finally, I would suggest to videotape yourself on the range. This has been my saving grace many times...Do you have the same preshot routine? I've picked up many things, as I can't see 'myself' under normal circumstances when I play...I think It's a great feedback on to what you may be doing wrong. Also, check divots.. they can tell you alot also.. if the divots are right to left you are cutting across. This may not affect the higher irons as much, but sometimes my backspin will bring the ball back from left to right which tells me I was across slightly (minus wind factors of course).

These things help me a little, as I suffer the fade/slice problem also. Learning to play with what you have can help also. Take half the hole out of play. Use the left edge of the fairway (for righties) a straight shot is in the left rough, a fade is in the fairway, and slice may catch just the right rough. This leaves the ball pplayable from all three areas and gives you a reliable second shot opportunity...

If all else fails, try someone you respect or take a lesson with a pro. Explain what your doing and they can help. I believe that trust in your swing and self are important, so do what is necessary, but I always use the word 'trust' when I play..

Best of luck... Fairways and greens....

In the bag...

r7 TP 425 (Tour issue) Fuji Fit On X flex
r7 tp 13*/17* GD Purple Ice 85g X (tour issue)
Dual Hybrid TP 19* Aldilla Stiff 680 forged irons rifle 6.5 shafts 4-PW RAC TP Y Cutters Satin Wedges 54/60 with Project X 6.0 Scotty Cameron Newport 2 34' ProV1X ballFootjoy shoes, gloves and...

In addition to all stated here, last night on the golf channel yet another reason was given for slicing the long clubs, swinging too steeply. Try swinging the driver parallel to ground a few times to feel a flatter swing. This may be your problem if you hit the mid irons fairly straight but slice the driver.

Note: This thread is 6447 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!