IGNORED

Ryder Golf Course, Fort Bragg NC

Note: This thread is 5307 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Played there today to get a good look at the course because we're playing in the Commanding General's Golf Scramble there on Friday. I have to say, for a military course, it's exceptionally well taken care of, even during the winter. Fairly easy course compared to what I'm used to playing, I shot a 89, which is my best round since my back surgery.

The only thing I found kind of strange was that they have 2 back to back par 5's, which I've never run into on a course before.

Played there today to get a good look at the course because we're playing in the Commanding General's Golf Scramble there on Friday. I have to say, for a military course, it's exceptionally well taken care of, even during the winter. Fairly easy course compared to what I'm used to playing, I shot a 89, which is my best round since my back surgery.

Do you mean the Commanders cups? I played in those back when i was in the service. They're fun, and youre usually fed very well, too. Military courses are usually in great shape because they dont get played very often. I learned the game on them.

**Edit** nevermind, i know what you mean now. i just remembered Bragg is usally commanded by a general, lol
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

• 2 weeks later...
I used to be stationed on Ft. Bragg, and Ryder has definitely gotten alot better in the past few years. I think I still prefer the Stryker Course on Bragg Blvd. The course on Pope AFB was the best of the 3 but it went downhill quite a bit several years ago, so I never returned.

I played Stryker a couple weeks ago, and the greens were so bad, you didn't stand a chance of making a putt outside of 3 feet. I know they've been working on them, so hopefully now that the grass is starting to grow again, they'll get better.

The Pope course is getting closed down. Now that the Army and FORSCOM is taking over Pope, they decided they didn't need 3 golf courses on post, and it was in the worst shape, so it's done.

Note: This thread is 5307 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!