IGNORED

Golf Nightmares?

12_Over
Note: This thread is 3795 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

LOL! I've had dreams similar to this, I have to keep reteeing my golf ball and when I finally get it teed up I can't take a swing because I'm backed up against a door or tree or somesuch... It's crazy... Glad to know I'm not the only golf nut out there with crazy dreams / nightmares.

Yup, this exact one.  Sometimes a shed materializes around the tee-box which is too small to swing in.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This is a bizarre topic but I wanted to see if any other addicts have had actual nightmares about a golf scenario.

Mine have a common theme of me needing to hit an impossible golf shot indoors.

Example: My most recent one involved me trying to hit a drive on a par 5 from a loveseat infront of Ben Crenshaw. It took me forever to tee up the ball in the cushion of the chair and when I did, I couldn't even take a stance because of the awkard "lie".

Am I the only one this occurs to?

I don't know if I would call them nightmares but I would say I've had 3 or 4 dreams now where I tee it up on the first hole and things keep happening to prevent me from hitting. Whether it be a broken tee, or no tee's (I remember one when I tried to tee it up with the pencil because I was out of tee's and couldn't get it to stay!) People standing too close so I can't make my swing, ect.

I Find myself getting super frustrated! but I'm never 'scared'

Haha.

MIne are quite similar.

It's getting dark. People atre waiting. I can't find a spot where I have a backswing. etc. etc. Can't tee it up anywhere.

This is crazy. I thought I was the only one to have these....guess not.

Similar to another mentioned, I'm on #1 in a tournament and cant find a good place to tee the ball up, something bothering my backswing, sidehill lies etc. The other is there is a tournament being played and a bunch of people I know are playing and I'm not. When those show up I wake up pissed.

LOL! I've had dreams similar to this, I have to keep reteeing my golf ball and when I finally get it teed up I can't take a swing because I'm backed up against a door or tree or somesuch... It's crazy... Glad to know I'm not the only golf nut out there with crazy dreams / nightmares.

TIme to write a book on dreams. All of my golf dreams are like this. I'm starting to play, but either can't tee it up, the lie keeps changing, I can't swing, something is in the way, all of a sudden I'm in the trees, a young golf groupie babe jumps my bones (actually that's another dream), anything to keep me from hitting the ball.

Yup, this exact one.  Sometimes a shed materializes around the tee-box which is too small to swing in.

This theme seems pretty common judging by the responses here. I too dream, or have nightmares, of not being able to get it teed up or take a swing at it.

No, they are definitely nightmares, not dreams!

In my golf dreams I can never get any club-head speed because of all the pretty, young cart girls draped all over me like fine mink stoles.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

In my golf dreams I can never get any club-head speed because of all the pretty, young cart girls draped all over me like fine mink stoles.

Only to be awaken and find yourself surrounded by your 10 pet cats? :sleep:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Only to be awaken and find yourself surrounded by your 10 pet cats?

I only have 2 cats but they're both "tens". ;-)

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

This thread got me thinking, and I can't recall ever having a golf dream.  I've had dozens of downhill skiing dreams over the past three decades and in every one of them, I've been a much faster, smoother skier than I am in real life; it's frustrating when I get out to a ski hill/mountain and can't replicate on a real slope (at least one steeper than a basic Green trail) what I could still recall from my dreams on what seemed to be Blue and Black trails.  Something similar used to happen to me in high school and college when I'd speak French in my dreams - I was fluent in my dreams but never quite made it there in real life.  I no longer have those dreams, though, as I've forgotten most of my French through non-use.

But it's weird that I've never had a golf dream since I've played about 10 times more golf in the past 20 years than I've skied.

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

This thread got me thinking, and I can't recall ever having a golf dream.  I've had dozens of downhill skiing dreams over the past three decades and in every one of them, I've been a much faster, smoother skier than I am in real life; it's frustrating when I get out to a ski hill/mountain and can't replicate on a real slope (at least one steeper than a basic Green trail) what I could still recall from my dreams on what seemed to be Blue and Black trails.  Something similar used to happen to me in high school and college when I'd speak French in my dreams - I was fluent in my dreams but never quite made it there in real life.  I no longer have those dreams, though, as I've forgotten most of my French through non-use.

But it's weird that I've never had a golf dream since I've played about 10 times more golf in the past 20 years than I've skied.

I had one where I was skiing in Mammoth, and I forgot my poles and goggles up top. So, I got the ice axe out of my pack, which mysteriously appeared on my back, and started climbing back up the face only to see two other climbers making their way to the top. Next thing we knew we made the summit of Denali. I remembered my goggles and and poles were missing and one of the climbers said he had them...

Ah, yes. Skiing dreams... Warren Miller films are the inspiration for many a ski dream...

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Wow, I had this same dream again last night and even said to one of the other players, "This is just like that dream I was talking about on The Sandtrap".  LOL

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

[QUOTE name="turtleback" url="/t/33298/golf-nightmares/18#post_925712"]   Yup, this exact one.  Sometimes a shed materializes around the tee-box which is too small to swing in. [/QUOTE] Wow, I had this same dream again last night and even said to one of the other players, "This is just like that dream I was talking about on The Sandtrap".  LOL

This is the dream, Turtleback. You need to remove the shed from that tee box. :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Similar recurring dream as some others have cited where I am trying to find a place to tee the ball but every time my swing is obstructed.  Eventually it becomes embarrassing because I am taking so long to hit the shot.

• Upvote 1

Brian Kuehn

Note: This thread is 3795 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!