IGNORED

Center Shafted putters

Note: This thread is 6472 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

whats the difference between a regular putter and a center shafted one? is it just whatever is comfortable?

Titleist 905R 8.5 Degree // Stiff
TaylorMade Rescue Mid 16 Degree// Stiff
Titleist 690.CB// PW-3 Rifle Flighted 6.5
Titleist Spin-Milled 56 Degree
Titleist Spin-Milled 60 Degree

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist Pro V1

whats the difference between a regular putter and a center shafted one? is it just whatever is comfortable?

i dont think it matters. as long as the putter head is weighted correctly.

heres an article.. i dont understand golf jargon, maybe you do. http://www.golfdigest.com/equipment/...franktalk.html

905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder
200 steel 3 wood
200 steel 5 wood
690.CB 3-PW
56* 14 Pro Platinum Newport 2 Pro V1 B330-S

Generally, a center shafted face balanced putter is designed to promote a pendulum stroke and, a heel/toe weighted putter with a plumbers neck or other heel shaft promotes an in to square to in stroke. There is a lot written about putters and putting. The Scotty Cameron website is filled with good information. David Pelz is considered a short game genius by many, as well as the father of the two ball putter. I would recommend his books on putting, as well as the short game in general. I hope you find this information useful.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

Note: This thread is 6472 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
  • Popular Now

• 1. Hale Irwin. Don't need to go through numerous other examples. https://vault.si.com/vault/1995/02/06/hale-and-hearty 2.I don't care what former athletes say, I don't care what Jack says on any topic.   But as a matter of record. Jack has never said the top guys he played with in the 70s would struggle in the 90s.  He in fact said the opposite. He said the guys Tiger faced at the top were weaker an after some hurt feelings with Ernie Els took it back.  He's even said Bobby Jones would do well.  It doesn't make him right but it what he said. 3. I am factoring in competition.    The odds Tiger would have 37 top 2s over the same span are zero. The odds he would have had 30 top 2s over the same time are not good.  You can make the emojis and insults you want. It is your site. But the odds are zero. And not zero as in it is an opinion or there is some uncertainty. It is zero as in it is an impossibility for him to have 37 top 2s.              
    • Lemieux would’ve had his ass handed to him out there! He’d be lucky to even score 5 goals a season back then!
    • Poppycock! It was just as difficult to score goals in this video as it is now: It was just as difficult to finish T5 in a major in 1966 as it is in 2006, too. Those ten-year-olds, errrr, club pros and part-time "tour" players were every bit as good as the guys who, today, have been playing high level golf since they were children.
    • @GolfSwami When you choose to completely ignore the facts and mathematics of Tiger’s dominance over Jack, I find it hard to believe you have no emotional tie to this. SOF HAS to be factored. Hell, you’re so fond of using other sports….SOS is a huge determinant in the NCAA Football playoffs. Gee, why wasn’t UCF the number one team when they went 13-0? That’s crazy right!?😜
    • Best and Greatest are synonyms IMO. Yep. Longevity is a stupid way to determine something like this. If someone took 30 years to amass a certain record, and someone else accomplished the same thing or more in ten years, the second player is better. Golf wasn't nearly as athletic, as taxing, or as well paid, when Jack played. Careers were longer. It's becoming more explosive, with shorter careers. Guys hit more balls now, train harder now, etc. Dude, 14/10 vs. 5/4 is not remotely the same as 18/72 vs. 15/82. It requires context. Jack was playing against club pros. I agree - Tiger blows Jack's record out of the water when you adjust for field strength. 😉  We agree again: Tiger might have won 30 majors. 🤣 Ha ha ha ha ha ha. No, dude. No, it's not "wrong" and the fields were significantly shallower and weaker when Jack played. Pretend Jack amassed his record against ten-year-olds. How impressive would that be? There's context. Jack amassed his record against significantly weaker/shallower competition. This has all been discussed a hundred times. As it would be if he played against ten-year-olds. Compare Tiger's SG in the PGA Championships against only the club pros and let me know how that shakes out. Strokes gained is against the competition at the time. Competition. Jack strongly disagrees with you, and you're casually leaving off the 2000s, too. No, they weren't. Once in a great while they popped up, but no, they weren't. Given all of the conversation that's been had in this topic, this ranks as one of the dumbest posts ever in this topic. If it was made in the first ten pages, cool. But, no. You made it on page 390-something. Try this on for size: every one of Tiger's 82 PGA Tour wins faced stronger/deeper fields than any of Jack's major victories. I also don't really care about top-tens in majors. 15 x > 18 y, where x and y are the respective strength/depth of field. It may be coherent, but so is someone saying 2 + 2 = 7 or someone trying to explain chemtrails. You can understand what they're trying to say, but it can still be a bad, lousy argument. This implies that I do. I do not. I've made the mathematical argument throughout. You're literally counting things with little to no regard for the freaking competition. Guess what: NHL scoring went down when goalies got more pads and learned to take away more parts of the net by learning to go butterfly, etc. The competition changed, and so scoring records aren't the same now as when Wayne Gretzky played most of his hockey. Because the competition is different now. Neither is someone trying to say that 2 + 2 = 7 or that the earth is flat. I can comprehend what they're saying, but they're still a wacko. Dude.

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...