IGNORED

My Swing (schwack)

schwack
Note: This thread is 5097 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey Everyone,

So here is my swing. I know I have some things to fix. Using a 6-iron r7 draw

I'd rather not comment on my swing and just read what others think before I provide my thoughts/ideas.

Thank you in advance for anyone that provides comments, tips, insight etc.

Also, if anyone has drills or practice methods I can use that would be great! I go to the range often and I need to make my practice more effective!

The birds are chirping today!

Before anyone who is qualified to make comments on your swing chimes in, you will probably want to post a swing where you actually hit a ball. Practice swing =/= to real swing. Go grab a plastic ball and plop one into your neighbors yard. They wont mind, lol.

The start of your backswing is very 'handsy'.It should start more with your shoulders, and in the picture above the club is way too far inside for this point.Try bringing it back straighter at first and then letting your right elbow fold naturally to get the club on plane.The second set of videos are pretty much the same.I'd work on those things first.
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

Hey Tiger Spuds,

How did you get that still frame from my videos?

I think that would be beneficial for me to be able to see my swing in different stages.

I don't know what he used, but when i do stills, i use Windows Movie Maker, there is a camera symbol on the right hand size below the viewing screen, that will take stills.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for the reply saevel25.

Unfortunately I have a mac. I messed around with some applications but I could not get it to break down frame by frame or figure out how to take a screenshot at a certain point of the movie.

Maybe if someone has some experience using a macbook for swing analysis they could put me in the right direction. I'd like to look at frames and draw lines and angles if possible.

It was rather untechnical I'm afraid.I just kept hitting pause and play quickly until it stopped where I wanted then just did a print screen.

However, you could try the free version of V1 software, it has slowmo playback and you can draw angles etc.It supposedly works on Mac, but I can't verify that.

http://download.cnet.com/V1-Home/300...66.html?tag=bc

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

Note: This thread is 5097 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!