IGNORED

Callaway Practice Balls

Note: This thread is 5149 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My coworker purchased the white whiffle balls for practice and said after 2 days they are already crushed and broken.

So we thought about sharing a bag of the Calloway foam practice balls (orange in color). 18 for $20.

Anyone have any experience with these ?
Say you hit a wedge 110yds. How far would these go with a full swing ?
I mainly need them to practice chips and full wedge shots.

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

I have recommended these in the past and will continue to recommend them. Almost Golf - http://www.almostgolf.com/

I purchased the Callaway target set (3 flags and targets) and it came with a few of their orange practice balls. They fell mushy off of the club face and do not feel like you are hitting a golf ball.

The Almost Golf balls are sold all over (practice stick with 24 balls, practice dozen, 10 ball packs). They feel closer to a real ball when you hit them. They react (sometimes a little over the top with hooks and fades) like a real golf ball.

In hitting some of the Callaway balls I have found the distance to be inconsistent, probably because of the mushiness. The Almost golf balls travel approximately 1/3 of the actual distance. I hit a full sand wedge about 90 yards, and these travel anywhere from 25-35 yards depending on the shot I am hitting. They take a beating also. In limited use screwing around with them, I have a slice in one of the Callaway balls.

WITB
Driver: Ping G425 - Aldila Rogue White
3 Wood: Nike SQ Dymo 
Hybrid: TaylorMade SLDR
Irons: Ping i525 Retro Spec
Wedges: Cleveland 588 (52,56,60)
Putter: Never Compromise Gamble Limited Custom

Balls: Titleist ProV1

I got three of these Almost Golf balls with my last purchase at Golf Galaxy, other than putting and chipping in my house down the hallway, I haven't really used them yet. I don't have a yard unfortunately. I'll take them and my clubs next time I go visit my dad, maybe he won't mind some lawn divots!

|Callaway X460 draw-biased Driver|Taylormade Burner 3W|Adams Golf Idea A7 19° Hybrid|Adams Golf Idea Pro Gold 23° hybrid|King Cobra Baffler 29° hybrid|Taylormade Burner 6i|Adams Idea Tech A4OS 7i|Mizuno MP32 8i|Pro Select Blaze II 9i|Callaway Golf Forged Chrome 48° PW|Oncourse Target Series...

I saw the Calloways at golfgalaxy but didnt remember seeing the "Almost Golf balls" there. I will take another look and maybe get those instead. Thanks for the feedback.

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

I did see the Almost Golf Balls listed on the Golf Galaxy website, so they may carry them in your local store or they may not, but if not, you might be able to have them shipped to the store at no cost...

WITB
Driver: Ping G425 - Aldila Rogue White
3 Wood: Nike SQ Dymo 
Hybrid: TaylorMade SLDR
Irons: Ping i525 Retro Spec
Wedges: Cleveland 588 (52,56,60)
Putter: Never Compromise Gamble Limited Custom

Balls: Titleist ProV1

Golf Galaxy did have them. Packs of 10 "Almost Golf Balls" were $9.99. Also they have the sleeve (not sure how many were in there) on clearance sale.
I never did pick them up though. Right now I just need practice with chipping so I figure I can bang a real ball around the yard to try and develop some touch with my new wedges.
The box does state the ball flies about 1/3 rd the disance of a normal ball.

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Note: This thread is 5149 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!