IGNORED

Do any of you wear earplugs?

Note: This thread is 5113 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I hit a Cleveland HiBore Once upon a time that hurt my ears...and when I hit the hammer the sonic boom is really bad!

In my Nike Sport Cart Bag:
Driver: Burner SUPERFAST TP 10.5*
3 Wood Burner SUPERFAST
5 Wood SQ Dymo
Irons(4-GW) SZ Vokey Oil Can 56* 64* TP WedgePutter Oz Mallet 6Ball: ProV1x

The local paper ran a story about this sort of thing a while ago. Believe it or not, driver hits are actually incredibly loud (I'm talking 100+ dbSPL - louder than a lawn mower). We can't perceive the actual loudness because the peak is so fast, all we hear is the decay.
If you go down to the driving range and hit about 200 drivers you'll definitely be doing damage to your hearing. But the 12 or so per round make very little long term impact. Especially if you only play once or twice a week.

Big Bertha 454, 10* reg
904F, 15* Dynamic Gold S300
Tour Special, 18* reg
DCI 962, 3-PW, Dynamic Gold R300
X tour wedges, 52* and 56* 8881 putter Pro V1's for the momentBlogging my "Quest for single digits" every week.

Who in the world hits the driver 200 times at the range at one time, practice another club once in a while. And im no expert on long term exposure to noise and hearing loss but a golf swing is so fast that unless you literally have several balls teed up and hit them almost simultaneously like ive seen on both Haney Project shows, your ears would recover and i doubt you could ever blame hearing loss on hitting a loud driver. I work in a factory and I dont know the sound level in there but im sure being in there 8-10 or more hours a day for 5 or more days a week for the past 10+ years has done more damage to my hearing than hitting a driver ever would but I cant really wear wear earplugs in there either because I need to hear whats going on around me over the machines to stay safe and not get ran over. If you're whining about your driver being too loud maybe you need to take up a safer hobby like knitting or collecting stamps.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

So I tried foam earplugs with my Titleist 905R. It isn't an incredibly loud driver as far as big drivers go, but I thought it sounded exactly like my old 975D with the earplugs in. I loved hitting that driver because I hated the loudness of the modern ones, but I gave it up for the extra 20 yards. Now with earplugs the new ones sound classic.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Note: This thread is 5113 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!