IGNORED

2010 College Football talk!

natp0wers
Note: This thread is 4722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The Iowa D will keep him to less than 100 all purpose yards. Cheers!

Uhh, good luck with that. Barring injury, no way he is under 100 yards total. I'm not saying he'll get 400, but he'll be north of 100 for sure.

The (freshman) Penn St. QB had 200 and they have a pathetic offense. They've scored one TD in the last 2 games. Michigan is a MUCH better offense.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The gators really disappointed me!! Gotta stay a fan through it all though. I guess if you're gonna get beat might as well be the #1 team in the country!!!

Mike Pouncey at center is the root of the problem. His snaps are destroying the timing of your offense. Just because he's not rolling them back to the quarterback like he was in the first game doesn't mean that the problem's been solved. The game would have been much closer, if in some crucial situations, Brantley or Mini-Tebow hadn't been forced to turn away from the design of the play to simply field the snap. Your offense is predicated on timing, and those inaccurate snaps are killers.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The gators really disappointed me!! Gotta stay a fan through it all though. I guess if you're gonna get beat might as well be the #1 team in the country!!!

Florida's defense looked pretty good.

I am a Vols fan...so I was all happy when I thought we had beat LSU at home. Until I realized that they had sent out like 25 guys on defense to make that play happen.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Florida's defense looked pretty good.

What is that defense called again? The nickel

and dime?

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

What is that defense called again? The nickel

It's funny you say that....that was my joke this weekend. That is why I chose the number 25.

Bryan A

Uhh, good luck with that. Barring injury, no way he is under 100 yards total. I'm not saying he'll get 400, but he'll be north of 100 for sure.

Michigan also has a pathetic offense. Look back a few posts (please don't make me repost it) to where I did a study of the D's they have played.

Better D's will slow Denard down and since Denard is the sole contributor, once he is neutralized they will go the way of Florida - Tebow. Pretty good offense, but not great. Denard doesn't follow his reads and eyes his receivers. His dump passes that his WR's turn into big yards are inlating his stats. I hope he gets punched in the mouth (not literally of course) by the stronger D's he's about to face. Let him try to tuck it and run every time his first read is covered against us. We've stopped MUCH better rushers than him.

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW
Zebra 60* SW G-Force Putter

Michigan also has a pathetic offense. Look back a few posts (please don't make me repost it) to where I did a study of the D's they have played.

Wow. I had a little respect for some of your posts before, but that is gone now. How can you say that a team that is #2 in the country at 565 yards a game is a pathetic offense? I don't care how bad the defenses they played are, that is still much better than the 50 other teams that haven't played a good defense yet. If it was that easy, how come every other team isn't putting up 40 points and 550 yards?

Denard doesn't follow his reads and eyes his receivers. His dump passes that his WR's turn into big yards are inlating his stats. I hope he gets punched in the mouth (not literally of course) by the stronger D's he's about to face. Let him try to tuck it and run every time his first read is covered against us. We've stopped MUCH better rushers than him.

That shows right there that you don't watch much Michigan. He has scrambled very little when the play is a designed pass. He runs a bunch when he has the option, but that is what the offense calls for. And sure some his his pass stats gets inflated, but he still gets them the ball on time and in a good spot where they can run after the catch. The recievers aren't having to dive for 5 yard passes or run out of bounds. They are catching a ball in front where they can make a play. His running helps open up the passing game so he is actually helping himself in that regard. Go ahead name 3 better rushers than Robinson that you've faced this season.

And all I hear about is how bad Michigan will be when we face a good defense. To those I just say careful what you wish for, becuase just as you say our offense has inflated stats, from playing bad competition, how many of those 'good' defenses have inflated stats from playing bad offenses? Here are the offenses (yards/game) that your defense has faced: (from NCAA.com) Miami #70 Illinois #88 Ohio #113 Marshall #103 Eastern Michigan #93 Pretty close to the same numbers of the defenses we've faced. Maybe a defense wouldn't look so good if they played someone who could move the ball.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

My BcS rooting interest, the Louisiana State Tigers scare me greatly. They've played by my estimation, one good half of football. Even though they're 5-0 and they haven't played any "cupcakes", the QB controversy between Jefferson and Jarrett Lee the "interception machine" (rhymes sadly), make me think they've got at least 3-4 L's ahead of them.

Wow. I had a little respect for some of your posts before, but that is gone now. How can you say that a team that is #2 in the country at 565 yards a game is a pathetic offense? I don't care how bad the defenses they played are, that is still much better than the 50 other teams that haven't played a good defense yet. If it was that easy, how come every other team isn't putting up 40 points and 550 yards?

You don't have to respect me or my posts. It's all opinion. I still respect yours. The difference between you, and other UM fans, and myself is I'm not running all over the world claiming supremacy from one little QB breaking off stellar 400 yard games against the worst D in the country.

Yes we have faced cupcakes. Have I denied it or used it as a basis for a Pryor Heisman candidacy? No. Every UM fan I know is counting chickens before they're hatched. Also, if you read ALL of my posts, I said that perhaps Denard will surprise me. I just haven't been wowed yet. My arguement has never been "we're better than you/Denard b/c we're playing hard teams." My point is simply don't raise the victory flag when last season started 4-0 also. If UM goes undefeated, which I personally don't see happening, then Denard deserves the Heisman. Same with OSU/Pryor and 'Bama/Ingram though. Only time will tell.
That shows right there that you don't watch much Michigan. He has scrambled very little when the play is a designed pass. He runs a bunch when he has the option, but that is what the offense calls for.

Actually I've watched most of every game. I am a CFB fanatic. I will watch Troy vs. Tulane if it's the only game one.

And sure some his his pass stats gets inflated, but he still gets them the ball on time and in a good spot where they can run after the catch. The recievers aren't having to dive for 5 yard passes or run out of bounds. They are catching a ball in front where they can make a play. His running helps open up the passing game so he is actually helping himself in that regard. Go ahead name 3 better rushers than Robinson that you've faced this season.

Again, all I said is he eyes his receivers, THEY make long runs, and I never said we've faced 3 better rushers

this season . We sure as hell have in the past though. It's too early for me to call Denard the next VY or Tebow, but AGAIN, he may surprise me. I'm not hopping on his bandwagon just yet though.
And all I hear about is how bad Michigan will be when we face a good defense. To those I just say careful what you wish for, becuase just as you say our offense has inflated stats, from playing bad competition, how many of those 'good' defenses have inflated stats from playing bad offenses? Here are the offenses (yards/game) that your defense has faced: (from NCAA.com)

Agreed. Again, where did I say my team faced tougher teams than yours? Our OOC schedule is harder, but my point has NEVER been OSU vs. UM seasons. It is simply, "Let's not enshrine Robinson just yet." For your info I've long said the same about Pryor.

It's ok to not respect what I say. Most people hate having the truth served to them. Same with the FL fan on here a few pages back. As a Buckeye I hear it all the time, but I'll be the first to admit we play cupcakes (who doesn't?), we have been over matched (even if we deserved to be in the game), and that we are possibly THE most hated school/team in the country. Although I'm a fan I'm also a realist.

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW

Taylor Martinez looked beast tonight. 4 rushing TD's against Kansas State (57th ranked D)? Looked great. Denard only rushed for 2 against Bowling Green (119th ranked D). Looks like Martinez should get the Heisman. LOL!

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW

Taylor Martinez looked beast tonight. 4 rushing TD's against Kansas State (57th ranked D)? Looked great. Denard only rushed for 2 against Bowling Green (119th ranked D). Looks like Martinez should get the Heisman.

It was kind of funny watching the faces of the Kansas State fans as the game was slipping away.

Taylor Martinez looked beast tonight. 4 rushing TD's against Kansas State (57th ranked D)? Looked great. Denard only rushed for 2 against Bowling Green (119th ranked D). Looks like Martinez should get the Heisman.

He looked fast as hell! A Denard he is not.....yet anyway

Bryan A

It was kind of funny watching the faces of the Kansas State fans as the game was slipping away.

I loved it.

Welcome to the Big Ten Nebraska. :)
He looked fast as hell! A Denard he is not.....yet anyway

Stats are good though. REAL good. Especially when you compare opponents. They look VERY similar on paper.

As I said about Denard...time will tell.

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW

I loved it.

Thanks. I'm looking forward to a couple of trips East next year. I'll be in the stadium when OSU comes to town. Can't wait.

Taylor is still a Freshman. He's not Heisman ready.........yet.

In my FT bag I have:
D3 9.5
XHot 15D 3W
Rescue Hybrids 22 and 17 degree
Apex Edge 5-E 52, 56 and 60 ProV1X

Stats are good though. REAL good. Especially when you compare opponents. They look VERY similar on paper.

Yeah, I was just messing with you. He did look good....especially being a Freshman

Bryan A

I'm glad Nebraska is back on an upswing and look forward to playing them regularly.

Get ready though. From next year on all you'll hear is how slow, overrated, and fat your team is. Oh yeah! You'll also hear your coach sucks, your state/town sucks, your fans suck, and you don't deserve to be in the FBS.

I mean, welcome again. :)

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW

Note: This thread is 4722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!