IGNORED

any other Pacific Northwest golfers here?

niblick
Note: This thread is 6082 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Strange that they put that under the pull carts section. So if I rent a power or pull cart from them I don't pay the trail fee? Do you think the course is walkable...a power cart would be nice but I would rather skip paying that much I think...the exercise couldn't hurt me.

Yeah, if you walk and get a pull cart you only pay the rental fee.

It's a perfect walking course, and a perfect pick for your first venture on to an 18 hole loop. They go by different names, but in this case your fiance would play from the forward or ladies tees (gold in this case), and you'd play from the men's (white). The blues are sometimes called member's tees, and the black are the championship tees (also called the tips). Each time you move back, the course rating goes up because of longer second shots, longer forced carries off the tee, and tougher angles into the fairway. I usually play from the whites unless I'm playing a really short course like Bellevue.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

Guest ShadowXOR
Yeah, if you walk and get a pull cart you only pay the rental fee.

So I guess the blue tees are for more experienced players or amateur tournaments? At least I know which ones to play. Thanks for the information.

Hey guys! i am fromt he PNW...actually just south of Yakima a few miles. i just started golfin no longer than 3 months ago! Fun and frusterating game!

Bag: XTT Matrix
Driver: Excalibur EXii 10.5*
3 Wood: Excalibur Convex 15*
3 Hybrid: Prestwick PX Pro 19*
4 Hybrid: Prestwick PX Pro 23*Irons: Prestwick PX Pro 5-PWWedges: 588 56*Putter: Xeon 9 Putter (Pinemeadow) Ball: HX Red or Laddie, ProV1 (found on the course)

So I guess the blue tees are for more experienced players or amateur tournaments? At least I know which ones to play. Thanks for the information.

Well, there are no rules that say you must play a certain set of tees. But etiquette dictates that you play the tees appropriate to your skill level to keep pace of play where it should be. 20+ handicaps like you and me typically play from the whites because we don't hit it far enough to reach most holes in two from the blues. There are exceptions of course, but that's the guideline.

:)

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P

Guest ShadowXOR
Well, there are no rules that say you must play a certain set of tees. But etiquette dictates that you play the tees appropriate to your skill level to keep pace of play where it should be. 20+ handicaps like you and me typically play from the whites because we don't hit it far enough to reach most holes in two from the blues. There are exceptions of course, but that's the guideline.

I'm interested in trying out an 18-hole course this Saturday but my fiance's clubs don't arrive until next weekend at the earliest and she wants to practice with them before going out on a full 18. I don't want to wait that long. Would you be interested in going with me? I would like to go with someone who knows what they are doing so I don't make a fool of myself regarding etiquette, etc. It would be great experience and I could pass that knowledge on to her when we go. If you aren't interested (since I'm so new, don't want to burden you) just tell me. But if you are interested I would want to tee off around 1:00 P.M. or so. I am actually very flexible on time but that would give me a chance to sleep in yet lots of time for us to play.

Just for a little background info I'm a 23 year old male. I've got my own complete bag of clubs, golf shoes, etc. and I'm not an idiot so I think things would be fine. I've had a decent bit of practice and completed a nine-hole course but I'm still very new. Let me know if you're interested!

I'm interested in trying out an 18-hole course this Saturday but my fiance's clubs don't arrive until next weekend at the earliest and she wants to practice with them before going out on a full 18. I don't want to wait that long. Would you be interested in going with me? I would like to go with someone who knows what they are doing so I don't make a fool of myself regarding etiquette, etc. It would be great experience and I could pass that knowledge on to her when we go. If you aren't interested (since I'm so new, don't want to burden you) just tell me. But if you are interested I would want to tee off around 1:00 P.M. or so. I am actually very flexible on time but that would give me a chance to sleep in yet lots of time for us to play.

Can't do it on Saturday, but I'd gladly play with you sometime. Maybe we can set something up for next weekend.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P

Guest ShadowXOR
Can't do it on Saturday, but I'd gladly play with you sometime. Maybe we can set something up for next weekend.

Sounds good.

I would also suggest "The Home Course" it is the new course down in Dupont that the WSGA and PNGA just purchased.
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

Guest ShadowXOR
I would also suggest "The Home Course" it is the new course down in Dupont that the WSGA and PNGA just purchased.

I would love to go there but it is very pricey and I'm not good enough to really enjoy it. I haven't even played a single round of 18 yet so that seems like jumping the gun. I've seen pictures though and it looks AMAZING.

I would love to go there but it is very pricey and I'm not good enough to really enjoy it. I haven't even played a single round of 18 yet so that seems like jumping the gun. I've seen pictures though and it looks AMAZING.

You maybe thinking of Chambers Bay. The Home course is fairly competitive price wise to many other courses.

DBake
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

Guest ShadowXOR
You maybe thinking of Chambers Bay. The Home course is fairly competitive price wise to many other courses.

I definitely know both of those courses, and Chambers Bay is even more expensive, however Chambers Bay doesn't appeal to me since it's a links course...I like the look of The Home Course much better, but I still find it expensive. $55 for weekend non-member pricing is expensive for me...the course I plan on going to is $24 for an equivalent tee time, it is also much easier (for a newbie like me).

I definitely know both of those courses, and Chambers Bay is even more expensive, however Chambers Bay doesn't appeal to me since it's a links course...I like the look of The Home Course much better, but I still find it expensive. $55 for weekend non-member pricing is expensive for me...the course I plan on going to is $24 for an equivalent tee time, it is also much easier (for a newbie like me).

Twilight and get a Ghin card and your down to $33 for a 10x better course. Just wanted to throw the course out there since it is my home course.

DBake
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300

Guest ShadowXOR
Twilight and get a Ghin card and your down to $33 for a 10x better course. Just wanted to throw the course out there since it is my home course.

Maybe when I get better I could swing by for a game with you but it's over an hour from my house...and like I said, a bit rich for me.

I wouldn't mind a visit once in a while to treat myself.

Note: This thread is 6082 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!