IGNORED

How do you like to get around the course?

niblick
Note: This thread is 5903 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How do you like to get around the course?

• ride in a power cart
    • walk and use a push/pull cart
    • walk and carry
    • walk with caddie

I have been walking recently and its so nice, getting the exercise is a blessing.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love to walk and carry, and always find that I play better when I walk and carry. I had to play in a golf tournament last year with a caddy and I actually carried the bag some of the time and just used my caddy for someone to talk to...

I hate weekends up here when the course is packed and they require you to take a cart, even though courses last 5 hours because things are so slow. I end up walking between shots anyway and let the other guy drive the cart.

WITB
Driver: Ping G425 - Aldila Rogue White
3 Wood: Nike SQ Dymo 
Hybrid: TaylorMade SLDR
Irons: Ping i525 Retro Spec
Wedges: Cleveland 588 (52,56,60)
Putter: Never Compromise Gamble Limited Custom

Balls: Titleist ProV1

Walking and carrying is without doubt the best option - I think it is part of the golfing experience, provides excellent exercise and gives you the true meaning of playing a round of golf!

In my bag:

R7 Quad Driver
3 wood
RAC MB Irons 3 - PW Vokey 52 and 6056 Wedge Fatshaft PutterGolf Bag Pro V1 Ball

exercise smechexercise. If I could I wouldn't leave the truck, strap the bags to the tailgate and go man go.

just kidding I like a pull cart.

whats in my bag,

Driver- 975D 7.5*
3 wood- 975F 13*
Irons- 2-pw Acushnet Tungsten AC-108'swedges-58* 64*putter-bag- staff I know its huge, but I dig it " I am McLovin"

I walk and carry. If you're not at least walking your not really playing golf. Walking is such a great exercise opportunity I don't understand when people don't take advantage of it. Not to be judgemental, but I always wonder when I see an overweight person cruising around in a golf cart.

On another note, I bet my avg score is 2 shots worse when I'm forced to ride.

G15 9* w/Aldila Serrano 63S
FT 4 wood w/ Aldila NVS 75S
i15 20* hybrid w/UST Mamiya Avix Core Tour Red 84S
4-PW MP-57 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 (+0.5")
52, 56 and 60 degree MP-10 Satin w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge FlexStudio Stock #4, BB25, Fastback 1.5 or Backstryke Blade..... @ 34"P...

I walk and carry. For some reason my concentration level is much higher.

Not sure about a 3 and a half pound bag...mine weighs 26lbs with clubs and no balls.

In my Procombo stand bag
Fusion FT-3
Fusion FT-3 3 wood
Citation 2 iron from the early 80's
Cronin Tour irons 4 - PW V-foil 56 Vokey wedge 58 Oil canV-foil 60 G2i CRAZ-E ProV1

I like to walk with a cart but there seriously a lot of courses around here that demand you ride in a cart as it makes play faster, or so they say. and that way they can have more golfers go through. I think its so they can add another $30.00 to your greens fee.

whats in my bag,

Driver- 975D 7.5*
3 wood- 975F 13*
Irons- 2-pw Acushnet Tungsten AC-108'swedges-58* 64*putter-bag- staff I know its huge, but I dig it " I am McLovin"

I walk and carry. I just bought a new Ogio Grom bag that is awesome for walking...A insulated bottle holder and score card sleeve right where you can reach them when the bag is on your back.

In My Grom Bag:
Rapture Driver (10.5*)
Rapture 3 wood (14*)
G5 22* Hybrid
Eye 2+ (Blue-Dot) 4-PW iWedge 54/60 PAL-2i (Isopur); G2 ZSB Pro V1xHome Course: Rio Salado Golf Club (63.6/101)

I walk and carry. If you're not at least walking your not really playing golf. Walking is such a great exercise opportunity I don't understand when people don't take advantage of it. Not to be judgemental, but I always wonder when I see an overweight person cruising around in a golf cart.

Well, if the overweight guys coudn't take a cart, they wouldn't be playing, and the courses would lose business. To each their own I guess, but I'd always walk if I could.

99% of the time I walk and pull with my bagboy pullcart. I don't carry. Not because I think it would be physically harder - just more of a hassle. But then again, I've never carried even once... don't see the point, other than it would save some space in my car.

Occasionally on a course that's busy and has a deal on the power cart, I'll ride. Especially if the carts have gps rangefinders

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

Walk and carry, sorry to say but that's the way the game was invented. Caddies are great if the game really matters or if you have the chance to play one of the world's great courses and can benefit from their local knowledge.

Tour Superquad
Burner TP 3 wood
Adams 5 wood
Adams Hybrid
TM MB Vokey Wedges (from Vokey) Scotty Cameron Tour Putter

I am 60 years old and I could not play without a riding cart. Most of the courses I play have nowhere to get water, beer or a soft drink, except at the clubhouse; so, you need to carry your own. In some places, you need about 2 gallons of water per person to play 18 - how about Star Pass when its 115 degrees? 2 gallons = 16 lbs. (without ice, yuck!) add that to 14 clubs, a bag, a towel, a couple of sleeves of balls, etc. and you have too much to even think about carrying.

The USGA requiring professionals to walk is ridiculous and allowing a caddie is ridiculous. Its like the rules requiring men to wear long pants or plus fours, then allowing women to wear skirts, shorts, pants, or just about anything.

I would let the pros use a riding cart, an electric hand cart, a manual hand cart or carry their bags, but no caddies to help them - its not a team sport. I would also let mean wear shorts with some kind of minimum inseam to avoid gays wearing indecently short "hot" pants.

Who was it that said "There is the game of golf and there is professional golf and they will never be the same."?

When I was young and poor I pulled a hand cart, I never carried a full set of clubs. I might play 9 holes with 5 or 6 clubs in a "Sunday bag". Never used an electric hand cart.

2007 Yamaha Cart
TaylorMade R7 460 Superquad Driver, 10.5, Reg flex (RF)
Taylormade R7 Titanium 3,5 & 7 Fairway woods RF
PING Rapture irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, graphite RF
Odyssey White Hot Two Ball putter Ping Cart Bag, Pioneer in Atomic OrangeNow playing Titleist Pro V1x balls

I prefer to walk and I just recently bought a Sun Mountain Speed Cart v.1 which will be a huge upgrade over my cheap $20 pull cart.

909D-Comp
909F-2
585H Hybrids
755 Irons
Vokey Wedges 2-Ball F7 B330S

i like to be carried on a palanquin by usc cheerleaders... i walk

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Walk and carry, sorry to say but that's the way the game was invented. Caddies are great if the game really matters or if you have the chance to play one of the world's great courses and can benefit from their local knowledge.

You sound like this guy:

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

I like walking. I don't know what it is, but I can never play well while riding.

In the Grom Bag:

Driver: 905R 9.5* Aldila NV Stiff
3 Wood: 904F 15* Stock Speeder Stiff
Hybrid: Idea Pro Hybrid 18* Aldila VS ProtoIrons: PI5 4-PWWedges: CG11 52* Rac TP 56* Vokey Spin Milled 60*Putter: XG #9

I love to walk but unless I am playing solo, everyone I know would rather ride.
In my Vantage bag:
Driver::905R 8.5*(V2)
3 Wood:Launcher 13*(V2)
Irons:AP2 (Project X 5.5) (3-W)
HybridTWS 19*Gap wedge:CG15 50* Sand wedge:CG15 56*Putter:: XG9 (35")Ball:ProV1X

Note: This thread is 5903 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!