IGNORED

To the jerks in the group behind me rant.

catfell
Note: This thread is 5060 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just getting into golf. Is this type of behavior really that common? Not only is this dangerous, you're just asking to get smacked.

This is not common on any of the courses I've played or have grown up on. Sadly though at times folks forget proper etiquette from too much sun or too much alcohol. People behind should patiently wait for the group ahead to get far enough ahead. Golf balls can hurt, I remember one of my supervisors hit our GM twice in one day. Those in front should understand that occationally people behind hit that one in one hundred shot that travels a bit to far. There is absolutly no reason to create drama unless its continous. This is golf not WWF or boxing, politeness is expected.

~It's the Indian not the Arrow ~

In my bag:
Driver: X460
3 Wood: WarbirdIrons: X18 Pros (3-PW)56 degree wedge: Oil can60 degree wedge: FeO2Putter: Desert Club: ISI 8 Iron~Still looking for a Straw hat~

I agree slow play is annoying and it would be helpful if rangers did their job. It is my personal belief that 99% of rounds should be completed in 4 hours or less. It become even more annoying when people don't play "ready golf" when the course is playing slow. Why can't someone walk 20 yards to their ball and be ready to hit whenever their cart partner had completed their shot? But hitting into the group ahead of you is unjustified even if they are behind a hole and playing slow.

Butch

Note: This thread is 5060 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!