IGNORED

My Swing (Kellfire)

Kellfire
Note: This thread is 5037 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just tried to use Sony Vegas to convert and it doesn't even recognise the videos. :|
In my bag

Superstrong 12*
- Firepower Hyper Ti 15*
- Launcher 18* Hybrid - 21* Hybrid - S2 Max 5i - SW - MP T-Series 47* - 60* LW - White Hot XG #1

Well it seems like I'm having to convert, the programs just don't like too high a file size but I can keep the frame rate when I convert and I didn't realise my new computer could convert in seconds.

Here's a video from a recent round. I had no idea that my left arm was collapsing so quickly after contact, I'll be working on this to improve consistency.

Notice the tee bounces up and hits the back of the club!

In my bag

Superstrong 12*
- Firepower Hyper Ti 15*
- Launcher 18* Hybrid - 21* Hybrid - S2 Max 5i - SW - MP T-Series 47* - 60* LW - White Hot XG #1

I could be wrong here.

I think your hips turn too much, and your shoulders not enough.

Are you trying stack&tilt;?

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Ok I just paused that vid at 2 seconds and discovered your a flipper, forget everything and stop your wrists from collapsing at impact otherwise you can work your ass off and get nowhere or maybe its just a chicken wing I dunno too hard too see

• Administrator
I think your hips turn too much, and your shoulders not enough.

You are. They're around 45 and 100 degrees.

Ok I just paused that vid at 2 seconds and discovered your a flipper, forget everything and stop your wrists from collapsing at impact otherwise you can work your ass off and get nowhere or maybe its just a chicken wing I dunno too hard too see

Yep. I agree.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah, you're trying to lift the ball. Looks like you're trying to pull a fish up out of the water onto the boat in the followthrough, which is not good. You need to strike down and through the ball.

Are you trying stack&tilt;?

Nope, do I appear to be then?

I'm really not up on the terms. You mean I should keep my wrists more firm and drive down into the ball?

You are. They're around 45 and 100 degrees.

How do you measure those angles so I can check myself in future? If you've already told me on your reply, I can't see images at work so just point me back to your original post. :D

What would you suggest for hip/shoulder turn?
Yeah, you're trying to lift the ball. Looks like you're trying to pull a fish up out of the water onto the boat in the followthrough, which is not good. You need to strike down and through the ball.

This is weird, as my swing thought with irons is "drive down on the back of the ball", obviously this isn't translating into the swing as much as I would like. I will definitely work on this.

Notice I don't go back to parallel but I am not losing distance from this, I carry my 7i around 155-160 but I don't get a lot of run. I'm using Cobra S2 Max, which promote a high flight.
In my bag

Superstrong 12*
- Firepower Hyper Ti 15*

This is weird, as my swing thought with irons is "drive down on the back of the ball", obviously this isn't translating into the swing as much as I would like. I will definitely work on this.

There's no reason to go back to parallel, and distance with irons doesn't mean much, as long as it's the same distance with the same swing.

What you feel you're doing and what you're doing are very different, and often quite different. I'm not in favor of the "hit down and through the ball" swing thought. Proper technique will make you hit down, and indeed, for me, the proper release feels like I'm swinging up at the ball, not down. You need to find what feeling causes the proper motion.

For now I find that that particular swing thought promotes a better contact. Even if it still isn't working properly, I'm definitely hitting better than I was. In time, no doubt I will find something else to initiate the swing but as I swing back on exhaling, I do think that one thing. I will definitely work on it though.
In my bag

Superstrong 12*
- Firepower Hyper Ti 15*

For now I find that that particular swing thought promotes a better contact. Even if it still isn't working properly, I'm definitely hitting better than I was. In time, no doubt I will find something else to initiate the swing but as I swing back on exhaling, I do think that one thing. I will definitely work on it though.

please don't.

One thing I used to say to my friends in matchplay was "do you exhale/inhale on the backswing?" it puts them off. Trying to do that won't help.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

I already exhale just before I swing, it relaxes me.
In my bag

Superstrong 12*
- Firepower Hyper Ti 15*

Note: This thread is 5037 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!