IGNORED

41 Putts

Lbob
Note: This thread is 6444 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Went out Friday and had the most exasperating day I've ever had on a golf course. I had 6 3-putt greens, but the exasperating part is that I really only hit 1 putt that I'd call a bad one and one that was stupid.

Does this sound strange? Well let me enlighten you. I had 8 lip outs! Yes count them 8 lip outs. I even had two on one hole! I'd hit a putt that looked like it was center cut. My buddies said "Good putt." And then, oooops. I had two 360's a couple of 180's, and the rest were somewhere in between. I lipped them on th high side, I lipped them low. Speed was good for the most part. I think my reads were OK too. The damn ball just would not go in the hole.

Note that this doesn't count the putts that rolled by the lip and just peeked at the hole.

I had worked hard on my putting. I put lines on all my balls and practiced putting this way on the practice green. I felt really comfortable. It just wouldn't go in the hole!!!

Anyone else had a putting horror story?

Robert Reid

In the bag:

Driver Cobra M/F Speed3 Cleveland LauncherCleveland Halo 2i Nike CPR 23 degree5-PW Mizuno MX 23 (graphite shafts)56 degree SW Mizuno MT

...Anyone else had a putting horror story?

My first round in Scotland @ Kingsbarns I managed to make 41 putts

Amazing how hard is it to adjust to totally different greens out there + putting the 'wind' line more than breaks you read back home. Don't think about it too much. it will go away as fast as it came

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I take the cake with the worst putting performance. Get this, 16th hole at my home course is a 160 yard uphill par 3, I hit the green in one and preceeded to 5 putt for a triple. It was a fun day.

I don't think I've ever had a day like that. That must have been exasperating! Ever now and then I have one go off in my hands and it goes 10 ft past the hole. I hate it when I do that!

Golf is not a game, it's a way of life!

Driver...Cubic Balance offset
Fairway wood......Flying Saucer
3-Wood....Cleveland LauncherIrons.......Callaway Great Big Bertha w/graphite shaftswedges....Cleveland sand wedge, Callaway Lob wedge putter....Claveland VAS.

one more "horror putting story" comes to my mind. About 4 years ago - first EVER tournament I entered (my County Open Qualifier) - on the second green I just COULD NOT get the ball in the hole. I 6 putted. 6 . it's like between 5 and 7. One more than 5. One less than 7. Did I mention I 6 putt the second green? oh, the second putt was 2ft. So was the third. and fourth. and fifth... and the 6th was a tap-in.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

one more "horror putting story" comes to my mind. About 4 years ago - first EVER tournament I entered (my County Open Qualifier) - on the second green I just COULD NOT get the ball in the hole. I

I've five putted before after reaching a par 3 in one. I 2-putt to two feet, then I played pong with my golf ball for the next two, followed by a tap-in.

Note: This thread is 6444 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!