IGNORED

Cleveland Classic 3 vs. Scotty Cameron Laguna 1.5

Note: This thread is 5078 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been using my cleveland classic 3 putter for the majority of this season and today i finally got to put it to the test against the scotty laguna 1.5. if you don't know, these putters are pretty much identical, minus the $230 difference in price. stats are fairly similar:

Scotty...milled 303 stainless
Cleveland...cast/milled 17-4 stainless

only on mishits can i feel a very very slight difference in feel, as the scotty is a bit softer. however, when properly struck both feel as soft as one would want a milled putter.

Scotty...360g
Cleveland...340g

the laguna comes in 340g, 350g, 360g which can not be said about the cleveland. i tested the 360g version and did prefer the heavier weight over the cleveland.

both putters feature a single sight line in the body of the putter. when it comes to looks, i prefer the cleveland. although both have very smooth, classic lines the scotty is crowded with bold graphics and engravings.

scotty...$300
Cleveland...$70

overall, i would be extremely happy to game either putter and if i was made of money i would probably buy the scotty. however, the only reason i would buy the scotty is for the name and fancy headcover. in my opinion the cleveland is as good, if not better and honestly could be priced at double the asking price.

if you're in the market for a new putter, check out the cleveland line. best 70 bucks you can spend.

Driver: Titleist 909 D2 9.5*
Fairway: Wood Nike Sasquatch 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 585 21*
Irons: AP2 4 - PW
Wedges: Scratch 53* 58*

Putter: Scotty Cameron California Hollywood

Have tried both...definitely like the buttery feel of the laguna, but the cleveland feels pretty solid itself. completely agree with you take

Plus if over time you feel the Cleveland is plain, have it customed refinished.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

Note: This thread is 5078 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!