IGNORED

Mizuno MP-68s From Ebay: Authentic or Knock-offs?

Note: This thread is 3152 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

He did NOT win them from a radio station, if he did, they wouldn't have been sent through EMS. Like Palermo said, one of the most common reasons for selling golf clubs is "I won them". Most counterfeit clubs look identical to the real thing.

Cleveland Launcher DST 10.5*

Ping G15 17*

Mizuno MP-53 4-PW with GS-95

Mizuno MPT-11 Black Nickel 52* and 58* with GS-95

Ping Redwood Anser

post the item number and ill get you proof

The ebay item number?

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

yeap........

:callaway: BB Alpha 815 DBD 10.5* Rogue Silver 60 :callaway: x2hot 3deep 14.5* (TBD) :tmade: RSI UDI 20* RIP Tour 90 :bridgestone: J40CB 4-PW Steelfiber i95 :vokey: SM4 50* KBS Tour V :vokey: SM5 54* KBS 610 :vokey: SM5 58* KBS HI-REV 2.0 MannKrafted Handmade Custom

The headcovers are another giveaway that they are counterfeit. Let me guesss, are they black, with a clear window on the top, and a mizuno logo on the side?

Ping G15 17*

Ping Redwood Anser

the picture of the clubs in the listing are not the same as you recieved, ferrules are all black and no plastic wrap or stickers. You would think a guy listing a $1000 set of clubs would take a picture. And the only other person to bid is no longer a registered user. The guy is definately a golfer. He just purchased a set of R7 draw irons, LEFTHANDED. His story may be true but regardless of his story the clubs are 100% fake. Ebays policy is that the seller is responsible to guarantee the authenticy of the item. File the paypal complaint and get your dough back or since he got them for free anyway tell him to refund you $500 and just beat them up till they fall apart.

:callaway: BB Alpha 815 DBD 10.5* Rogue Silver 60 :callaway: x2hot 3deep 14.5* (TBD) :tmade: RSI UDI 20* RIP Tour 90 :bridgestone: J40CB 4-PW Steelfiber i95 :vokey: SM4 50* KBS Tour V :vokey: SM5 54* KBS 610 :vokey: SM5 58* KBS HI-REV 2.0 MannKrafted Handmade Custom

?????????????????

lol...just saying thanks.

I noticed that he bought the other set but didn't realize they were left-handed. It also appeared like there was no wrap on the clubs, but after the auction I forgot about that. Thanks for the tip on the ferrules, that was a great catch.

Brandon

the guy is a golfer, he knew they were fake thats why he stole a pic

the picture of the clubs in the listing are not the same as you recieved,

That jumped out at me right away. He's 100% trying to scam you.

After filing the paypal complaint I would likely respond back to his email calling his bull$*** excuse out.

Syncro bag
Superfast Burner 9.5° S driver
G5 4-PW irons
Burner '08 22° 4h
53° wedge 56° wedge iN Li'l Wack-E putter PD Long ballSlowly working on upgrading my old bargain bin clubs.

I'm glad we could all ban together and help you out, hopefully you get your money back. I wish I'd had this forum when I got schooled on the fake clubs. I got the AP2's, and although they looked great, the insert was made of styrofoam.....stupid con-artists....

Ping G15 17*

Ping Redwood Anser

So I filed the paypal dispute and he promptly refunded me the money and had this to say:

I don't have a problem taking the clubs back if you are unhappy with them.I'm not sure that these clubs are not the real thing. Maybe certain components are not what you expected but I'm certain the shafts, heads and grips are original as was presented.

I'd like to believe that he is a good guy. However, the problem with his logic is that he claims he has no idea where they were assembled because he won them, so I don't know how he can be sure the components are original. Anyway, all's well that ends well, I guess.

Brandon

Don't send him the clubs back. He will sell them to another person and you can't guarantee that other person will discover they're fakes.
Just keep them, it's your right. They can remain as an emergency set or when someone's visiting.
My achievements:
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 18
Best Round: 89

Don't send him the clubs back. He will sell them to another person and you can't guarantee that other person will discover they're fakes.

I got had with a fake fti, confronted him via email. he sent refund immediately, and never even asked for the club to be sent back. what does that tell you!

What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

Good to hear that there's been some happy endings with these fake club cases on ebay! The fact that the sellers refunded without much of a fight says that they pretty much knew they're trying to rip people off.

I think the moral of the story is that if a deal appears too good to be true, then it probably is!
In the bag...

G10 9° Driver
G10 17° 4 Wood
G10 21° Hybrid i15 4-PW Tour-W Wedges 50/12 & 56/10 Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Balls - Bridgestone B330-RX

That is called theft. He was promptly refunded his money. He should send the clubs back at the sellers expense. Unless the seller tells him to keep them.

That is called theft. He was promptly refunded his money. He should send the clubs back at the sellers expense. Unless the seller tells him to keep them.

Ditto! That is the right thing to do.

Note: This thread is 3152 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!