IGNORED

My Swing (moparman426)

moparman426
Note: This thread is 5031 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It really pisses me off to no extent that peoples cellphone cameras can record better videos that can be analyzed than a $400 video cam. I had recently bought a DSLR, so replacing the vid cam at this time with an HD model isn't an option.

It really pisses me off to no extent that peoples cellphone cameras can record better videos that can be analyzed than a $400 video cam. I had recently bought a DSLR, so replacing the vid cam at this time with an HD model isn't an option.

I use my mobile, terrible quality but it doesn't blur.

Is there any other settings you can use?

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

It may not be the camera but how your computer is compressing and processing your videos.

I have a mac and use IMovie for mine, I also record just using my Iphone...

I have been using windows movie maker. I'll try to find something better and give it another shot. I have been watching the dtl videos I posted, over and over, and I still need someone else's opinion on the swing plane. Am I coming over the top at all? It feels (and looks) consistent at least, lol. Most likely it's consistently wrong though.

I have been using windows movie maker. I'll try to find something better and give it another shot.

Can you not just post the video as it is instead of compressing it with movie maker?

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Been trying to put 2 new vids on swingacademy, it says they processed but will not show up after edit. Been at this for almost 2 hours so far........keeps saying i need to edit them,,,GGGRRRRRRRRRRRR

fianlly, here's one, best i can get it for blurryness.

http://www.swingacademy.com/videoPlayer.aspx?id=6862

I think you've got a flip but I can't tell because of the blur at impact.

You take the club away weird, your left arm bows quite a bit.
The club is pointing right of the target, so I guess your bad shot is a slice?
What I'd advise (could be wrong, wait to see if somebody else agrees) Try take your hands back more on the inside. That'll keep you more on-line and it might help keep your left arm straighter too.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex

Is a flip when the club hits the ball before your hands pass over it? If so, then I don't think I am flipping. When I draw a vertical line from the ball at frame number 110 of the analysis (just before impact), my head is centered over the ball, but both hands and my right hip are already ahead of that line. Maybe I am misunderstanding the definition of a flip. For my misses, I would say 9 out of 10 would be a pull/draw with the odd one being a slice. Yeah, my left arm does bow quite a bit as the back swing progresses, and I am working on keeping it straight. As it is right now, my back faces the target at the top of my swing (frame 102 of the analysis), and I would need to shorten my back swing considerably in order to keep that arm locked without over rotation. I have a bad habit of bringing that club back over my shoulder. I am getting my swing speed checked this Saturday, as it looks like I may be over swinging, but I am not, lol.

you don't have an overswing.
an overswing is when the club goes past parallel.

a flip is when the clubhead goes past the hands.
It looks like that's happening from frames 109-111 but it's very hard to see.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex

My first attempt here......can someone atleast reply to let me know if the videos are visible?

Based on the first videos, people might get the impression that some parts of Saskatchewan are very flat and treeless.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Based on the first videos, people might get the impression that some parts of Saskatchewan are very flat and treeless.

/cough cough

I am an east coast guy, so moving here has been a huge adjustment.

Ok, so I just went to the range and burned off a basket with the intent of doing nothing but keeping that left elbow locked on the back swing and trying to get them both locked at impact. My back swing was remarkably shorter, or so it felt. What a difference in contact! Out of the basket of sixty, I had three off the toe, two toppers and one hosel-rocket. I never hit the sweet spot so much before. It did take more adjustment for me to keep the desired flight path though, through opening/closing my stance and I had to weaken the grip a little. Overall the swing felt weird, and I think I was more extended at impact because the swing finished sooner, as in not coming back up over my left shoulder. I found someone with an HD video camera, so I will try coaxing them into letting me borrow it.

I have a high definition camera and tripod lined up for tomorrow. Here are some contact shots from earlier today, irons from the left: 9, 6 and 3. Previously most of my contact had been more towards the toe or lower on the face. So far, there is noticable improvement from locking up that arm.

The green crud from the mat is more evenly distributed on the sole as well, which was also more towards the toe earlier. I should have turned the red stripe on the ball towards the face of the 3 iron more, for a better visual.

Your right leg seems to completely straighten on your back swing. You can do that... but the modern day golf swing keeps that right leg slightly bent. It keeps you from doing various things such as causing your hips to slide too much. I had this problem too. It may be something to try out the next time you go to the range. It's helped me quite a bit.
NO DRIVER ----->
SuperSteel Burner Irons
T.P.A. III Putter
Walter Hagen T3 SW
Select Series Mid-Body 5 Wood

A second thing it may do is help have your weight on your right foot on your back swing. If you get in your stance, practice your back swing, and straighten your right leg and compare it to not straightening it, you should notice a difference in the pressure on that right foot.
NO DRIVER ----->
SuperSteel Burner Irons
T.P.A. III Putter
Walter Hagen T3 SW

A second thing it may do is help have your weight on your right foot on your back swing. If you get in your stance, practice your back swing, and straighten your right leg and compare it to not straightening it, you should notice a difference in the pressure on that right foot.

That is completely opposite of what I am trying to accomplish. Shifting my weight to the back foot promotes a sway, which I am trying to avoid. Why would anyone want to shift their mass away from the ball, then have to come back to that center again for impact? My leg doesn't lock as much since I put more focus on keeping the arms straight, and I get more consistent striking by trying to keep my weight forward (down the target line).

You may be right for your style of swing. It was just a suggestion that's helped me. Just thought I'd throw it out there. You see a lot of modern day golfers (i.e. Anthony Kim, Camilo Villegas) do this very well. You don't necessarily have to shift any weight doing this it's just that straightening your right leg might cause a lot of movement that can mess with you. I know it sounds funny but it's what I've been told.

Although this is a very poor shot it shows Villegas doing this really well. It shows a swing vision about halfway through. He does have a lot of sway, however, so I prefer watching the second video.

This is a second video of Anthony Kim.

These are two very athletic golfers with very modern day golf swings. Other examples include Adam Scott and Tiger. Try comparing them to your swing and see what you think. It's up you you to make the change or not. Hope this helps in any way.

NO DRIVER ----->
SuperSteel Burner Irons
T.P.A. III Putter
Walter Hagen T3 SW

It must be the software, because this was shot in full HD. I have another to post but I am messing around trying to publish it in raw format, but the files are huge. The analysis mode definitely shows my hands are actually out past the ball consistently before contact, with the vertical line drawn up through the ball. I am a pretty fit guy, but I am still having trouble completely locking that left arm and I am settling on where I get it to now I guess. I am 6'4" and 230lbs and I played a lot of baseball. Is my ball swing too ingrained maybe?

http://www.swingacademy.com/videoPlayer.aspx?id=6891

Note: This thread is 5031 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!