IGNORED

My Swing (moparman426)

moparman426
Note: This thread is 5032 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Try comparing them to your swing and see what you think. It's up you you to make the change or not. Hope this helps in any way.

Those are driver swings. I also shift a little more weight to the right when I am trying to knock the snot out of my driver.....but not with an iron. Personally, I think Camilo's swing in the first video looks like crap. It also looks like it could put a lesser golfer into traction. For the first swing, it looks like he is trying to 7 iron his fairway, unless that was a hybrid. That whole first video should be a lesson in what not to do.

Why ask for input if your just going to argue? Those happen to be two great pga tour players, like it or not. The fact is your reverse pivoting and moving your head... and a good way to solve that is to not lock your right knee and turn your butt to the outside. Look into what I'm trying to tell you or don't bother replying. I had the same exact problem last year and can personally assure you that fixing it has helped my game a lot.
NO DRIVER ----->
SuperSteel Burner Irons
T.P.A. III Putter
Walter Hagen T3 SW
Select Series Mid-Body 5 Wood

Those are driver swings. I also shift a little more weight to the right when I am trying to knock the snot out of my driver.....but not with an iron. Personally, I think Camilo's swing in the first video looks like crap. It also looks like it could put a lesser golfer into traction. For the first swing, it looks like he is trying to 7 iron his fairway, unless that was a hybrid. That whole first video should be a lesson in what not to do.

Camillo Villegas is a multiple PGA tour winner, and his swing has some elements to not copy, but many to copy. You have a reverse pivot and a scoop at the ball, and your swing and handicap match nearly perfectly. Improvement of the swing means improvement of the handicap.

Camillo is a great model for you, his swing is compact and powerful, and although there's some things there to not copy, there's plenty to copy. His hip turn and forward shaft lean are almost unmatched. Those are things you need to work on.

My point exactly. Try giving it some thought and work on it a bit at the range. I hit the ball a lot more powerful and controlled after I did.
NO DRIVER ----->
SuperSteel Burner Irons
T.P.A. III Putter
Walter Hagen T3 SW

• 2 weeks later...

Been away all week,

Why ask for input if your just going to argue?

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be confrontational, I must have been confused by the video because it illustrates errors he is making and I thought you were asking me to try and copy the swing from that video.

No problem, I'm pretty new to trying to teach other people. I could have explained myself more thoroughly to begin with. Golf is becoming an increasingly athletic sport and that fact cannot be avoided. Good luck.
NO DRIVER ----->
SuperSteel Burner Irons
T.P.A. III Putter
Walter Hagen T3 SW

Note: This thread is 5032 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!