IGNORED

Help Me!!

Rusty2228
Note: This thread is 6430 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I am starting to get really frustrated, but I can't hit my irons. I am afraid I am developing a mental block, since I can't get it out of my head that I have no clue where the ball is going when I address it. It has almost gotten to the point where I am not sure if I want to play, because it is so frustrating. (I am thinking of shutting it down for the year, since we are closing in on the end of the golf season here, and just starting new next year.)

I hit shots fat, thin, off the heel, off the toe...you name it. I have spent as much time as I can (which granted hasn't been a lot) at the range trying to figure it out, but what seems to work one day doesn't the next.

Any advice on rebuilding a golf swing? Any basic drills I should be doing? I have been putting the ball back in my stance and taking slower swings to work on solid ball contact and maybe it is helping...but anything that is close to a full swing I can't do.

I am afraid I am becoming like charles barkley!

Been there brother. And I'm sure I'll be there again - it seems to be the nature of this game.

In my admittedly short experience, I've found that when I'm not hitting well it's usually because I'm trying too hard to hit the ball. For that, I try to find an empty practice tee (not so difficult, here in New Hampshire) and just make easy swings, without worrying where the ball is going. A slow, connected swing seems to beat force every time. Shorten the backswing, loosen the grip and swing easy and you'll be surprised at the results.

The best part of the golf season in New England is right now! Don't put them away yet!

Now, can you help me with my driver???

In my bag:

Driver: Wishon 915CFE, 420cc, SK Fiber Lite Revolution I
Irons: Tommy Armour 845 FS - PW - 3
Hybrid: Adams Idea 21 deg.Wedges: Cleveland 900 52 deg., 56 deg. TA588 60 deg.Putter: Generic mallet style

What I try to do in this situation is go to the practice range and focus on one or two clubs that I have hit well in the past, usually a wedge or maybe 8 iron. Just hit those clubs, get into a nice groove with them and before you know it you will start hitting your target right on and feeling good about those shots... Basically this is just a confidence booster...

Then I will go and play the easiest course in our area and try to hit some of those good shots on every hole if possible, and I usually end feeling better about my game and I am ready to head back to my own course the next round...

Give it a try... I think the worst thing you can do is give it up completely, but, if you really feel that your frustration is taking over and you simply don't enjoy the game anymore then maybe a week or two off is needed...

What's in the Bag

Driver: HiBore 10.5* ProLaunch Blue 65s
Hybrid: No Fear 3i
Irons: Launcher LP 4-PW Harmonized 50* GWAmerican Standard 56* SWStriker by Golf Trends 60* LobPutter: Pro Response bladeBall: Tour Fire

Rusty, when things are going that bad just go back to the very basics. Keep your head still, keep your eye on the ball, and think tempo. When I get in a rut, like you mentioned, I try to think of one maybe two easy swing keys. Any more than two swing keys going on in your head things will get too confusing. Try to keep your eye right on the back of the ball and see what happens. Hope that helps...
In my Ping Pioneer LC bag -
Driver: TaylorMade R11 10* closed
3 Wood: TaylorMade R11 15* open
Hybrid: Ping G15 20*
Irons: Ping G15 4, i15 5 - PWWedges: Ping Tour S 50*, 56* bent to 55*, 60*Putter: TaylorMade Daytona Ghost 34" 

Note: This thread is 6430 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!