IGNORED

Anyone use a 7 wood instead of a 3 iron?

Note: This thread is 5053 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You Betcha, I use a Mizuno F 50 7 wood. It,s not the best in the deep rough but the trick is not get it there in the first place. I have tried a few Hybirds and they work OK but I,m really happy with my woods.

In My Cart Bag R 5 XL Driver Rescue Mid #3-19* 3,7 F50 Fairway Woods CG 4 , 4-PW irons all Reg Flex. MP-T 56* 60* wedges Anser G2 Putter. AD333. DT SoLo Balls ..

Did you have insurance that covered it? Then I wouldn't have complained, otherwise I would have made a call or sent a not to the local law enforcement office.

Insurance covered it, but the club couldnt be bought anymore. I had a custom Graffaloy shaft in it too. They said there was no way to prove I didnt sell it to them because they didnt track the source of bought inventory. Insurance paid me 3 times what i paid to re-buy it.

Driver: Cobra ZL 3 Wood: Cleveland Launcher War Club: Burner Titanium Raylor 21degree Hybrid: Bobby Jones 24 4-PW: Ping i3's Wedges:Mizuno MP T-10 White Satin 52, 56, 60 Putter: 15 year old Odyssey Rossi Blade. Ball: Bridgestone e5 Swing Oil: Grey Goose, always in the bag.

I sometimes switch out my 3 iron for a 7 wood, and if I do I can also drop the 5 wood since I can hit the 7 wood almost as far if I need to.

It's my most versatile club - I can hit it high, or low, from the fairway or rough, hook or, almost, but not quite, fade it.

I just switched from a 3 hybrid BACK to a 3 iron. I have a 2 hybrid to cover hybrid-centric shots (long shots out of rough) so carrying the 3 hybrid isn't really necessary. I found that the distance gap between 4 iron and 3 hybrid affected me more than the distance gap between 3 iron and 2 hybrid will.

I just like the 3 iron because it's more accurate and I would rather have a metal-shafted club for the distances I'll be hitting it to.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

I will switch my Bridgestone J33 7-wood for the 3 iron depending on the course and weather. The 7 wood, with its higher trajectory, sticks to the green much better than the 3 iron. But on a windy day the 7 wood is too risky.
The 7 wood is also better suited to courses where you are shooting to greens that are elevated several feet above the fairway.

I think it depends on when they were made. I have 2 5woods circa early 90's and the are 20 and 21 degrees. They were both cheapo clubs (dunlop and First Flight) but they work really well for me.

Yeah, i refuse to acknowledge that a 5 wood is 16.5*-18*, as manufacturers have decided they are recently (where does that leave the 4 wood?). A 5 wood is 20* or 21*-maybe 19*, and I lose a negligible amount of distance (w/ vastly increased control) with a good hybrid, so my 5 wood is either a 19.5* or 20* hybrid. 7 woods are the complete equivalent of the old 5 woods-20* or 21*.

Note: This thread is 5053 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!