IGNORED

Protecting your golf clubs and preventing scratches

Lark
Note: This thread is 3467 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't make a point of washing my clubs, but I still keep them clean.  I wipe them with a damp towel after every shot, and use a brush to keep the grooves clean.  That is solely for the purpose of preserving their function.  I don't worry about scratches and dings.  They are tools designed to strike the ground.  The ground is not always soft turf.  I've hit from gravel and pebbles, from concrete and asphalt, from tree roots.  I've never broken a club or hurt myself in any of those situations.

My clubs do have some nicks and scratches.... battle scars proudly earned.

+1

Golf clubs are tools of the trade. I always make sure that the groves are clean and I wipe them after every shot.

No iron covers for me.

I never trade in my irons and have at least 7 sets sitting in the garage so resale value is not a concern period.

I have started to donate my unwanted clubs to a local organization called "Kids Sport".

Getting nicks and scratches on irons is a bit like getting a scratch on a new car.

It's almost a relief so you don't have to worry about them anymore.

Drivers and putters are different. Any damage on the head and topline means an ebay excursion for me.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Note: This thread is 3467 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!