IGNORED

best golf courses played

Rezgolf
Note: This thread is 3342 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

what are you rich or retired??

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5° TP Stiff
Fairway: Taylor Made V-Steel #3 w/Fujikura Rombax Stiff
Irons: Taylor Made rac LT 4-PW shaft; Rifle Flighted 6.0
Wedges: Tayor Made rac 52° 56° 60°Utility: Taylor Made Rescue TP #3 (Aldila NV Hybid 85g Stiff)Putter: Scotty...

Neither actually. I have a marketing job that involves going to a lot of conventions and they are invariably in nice places and there's always time for golf. Sometimes my company even picks it up - but not as often as I'd like.

Cypress Point is pretty hard to get on. It used to be part of the Bing Crosby (AT&T;) rota, but got replaced by Poppy Hills because of its membership practices. I went horseback riding (my wife's idea!) out of the Pebble Beach stables and we went through the Del Monte forest and came out on Cypress Point. We rode across a couple holes to get to the beach. That area has to be the most beautiful place on earth. Congrats on playing one of the best!

I been lucky to play alot of really nice courses on the east coast but was recently in San Francisco and went south for the best I have ever played:

You have to have serious connections to get on that course, even those who can get on Pebble for free can't catch a whiff of Cypress. The serious golfers who live out here don't even dream of it, it's that exclusive, so count yourself very fortunate! See if you can play Olympic Club, also takes connections.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

I have been very lucky this year and played some corkers in order of preferance

1) Turnbury
2) Loch Lomond
3) Valderama
4) Kingsbarns
5) Villamoura Old Course

Entrada at Snow Canyon (UT)

Awesome choice. Love that place. Coral Canyon is also a nice course down Utah way. Northern Utah has some gems though - namely:

1. Valley View (Layton) 2. Logan River (Logan) 3. Birch Creek (Smithfield) 4. Gleneagle (Bountiful) 5. Bountiful Ridge (Bountiful) (Bonus: 6. Thanksgiving Point (Johnny-Miller-designed. A bit pricy, and not as pretty as the other 5) If you're ever around this way (i.e. Salt Lake), #'s 1,4,5 are all about 20-30 minutes away, and #'s 2,3, are about 2 hours away. #6 is about 45 inutes away. Check 'em out, they're great courses, especially for the money!
"Hit 'em hard - they'll land somewhere." - Stewart Maiden

In the Bag:

Driver: R480, 10.5*, Graphite5 Wood: R540 XD, 17.5*, GraphiteIrons: Big Bertha 4-10 + GW, SSWedge: 56*, Chrome, SSPutter: White HotBall: HX Hot

here is my favorites played so far

1. muirfield village (incredible)
2. blue monster doral
3. firestone north and south
4. canturberry
5. royal links las vegas
6. torey pines south course
7. paiute resort las vegas
8. kaiwaih island ocean course
9. the witch mrytle beach
10. avalon lakes warren ohio

the midwest is blessed with some great bent grass courses

So that would involve a "Trip to Bountiful"?

It does involve a trip up this way! Make the extra 10 minute trip to Layton's Valley View Golf Course. You won't regret it.

Let me know when you're coming up and I'll hit it with you!
"Hit 'em hard - they'll land somewhere." - Stewart Maiden

In the Bag:

Driver: R480, 10.5*, Graphite5 Wood: R540 XD, 17.5*, GraphiteIrons: Big Bertha 4-10 + GW, SSWedge: 56*, Chrome, SSPutter: White HotBall: HX Hot

To the Bone;You liked the Witch?That is one of my wifes favorite courses real nice Maples layout just to damn wet for my taste.That course seems to be muddy in july when they have a drought!!1

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

1. Augusta National
2. St. Andrews
3. Pebble
4. Muirfield
5. Firestone (all of the courses)
  • Upvote 1
In My Bag
--------------
Titleist D2 9.5* w/t ProForce V2 Stiff
Titleist PT 906f2 15* w/t ProForce V2 Stiff
Titleist PT 585 Hybrid 21* w/t ProForce V2 Stiff Callaway X-Tour 4-PW w/t DGS-300 Callaway X-Tour Vintage Gap Wedge 54* CallawayX-Tour Vintage MD Sand Wedge 58*Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 34/340/S C....

1. Augusta National

That's an impressive list of courses... you've played them all?

In My Bag:
Driver: Titleist 983K 9.5°, Harmon HTD CB-65R
3-Wood: Mizuno MP-001, 13°, Harrison Striper Titanium
Hybrid 1: TaylorMade Rescue Mid TP, 16°
Hybrid 2: TaylorMade Rescue Mid TP, 19°Irons: Ping S59 Tour 4-PWWedges: Mizuno Black Nickel 51.06 / Cleveland Black Pearl 58.08Putter:...

Indeed, I am priviledged to have.

In My Bag
--------------
Titleist D2 9.5* w/t ProForce V2 Stiff
Titleist PT 906f2 15* w/t ProForce V2 Stiff
Titleist PT 585 Hybrid 21* w/t ProForce V2 Stiff Callaway X-Tour 4-PW w/t DGS-300 Callaway X-Tour Vintage Gap Wedge 54* CallawayX-Tour Vintage MD Sand Wedge 58*Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 34/340/S C....

Note: This thread is 3342 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!