IGNORED

Ping Eye 2's

Note: This thread is 3522 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Oh yes, take it from me. These clubs are still relevant. I have owned a set since 1983. Stainless. They are the best, but I'll be honest the lofts are weaker than the current sets and the zz-lites truly have a hard feel if you don't nail the ball on the spot. Yes it is forgiving and even by today's club standardss, the Ping Eye 2's are definitely a game improvement club.Go ahead, pick up a set. You'll hit them shorter than your current irons, but you'll probably hit them well, that is if you can actually hit the ball. I love my Pings and will never give them up.

I have a set of Ping Eye's and would love to have a set of Ping Eye 2's. Is there really a big difference in the two? I have been reading that the Ping Eyes are for a lower HC player which makes me think I should get a set of the 2's.

Bag:sunmountain.gif MPB
Driver: cleveland.gif XLS 10.5 *
Fairway wood:nike.gif SQ DYMO2 3 wood
Irons: ping.gif G10's 4-pw
Wedge: vokey.gif Spin milled 54* and 60*Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot XG

• 3 months later...
Anyone know the swing weight of Ping Eye 2 club heads? I have the original Ping shafts on them and stopped gaming them because the 5 and 7 iron shafts broke. I was thinking of re-shafting them with some DG S300's that I can buy fairly cheap off of eBay. Not sure how the DG S300's will feel in the Ping Eye 2's.

« Keith »

Anyone know the swing weight of Ping Eye 2 club heads? I have the original Ping shafts on them and stopped gaming them because the 5 and 7 iron shafts broke. I was thinking of re-shafting them with some DG S300's that I can buy fairly cheap off of eBay. Not sure how the DG S300's will feel in the Ping Eye 2's.

Doing a quick search, I found that the Eye 2s with original shafts have a swing weight of C7 to C8...

Here is the link where I got the info... hope it helps. http://www.ralphmaltby.com/forum/topic/63

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am more partial to the Ping Zings that replaced the Eye 2s. But I don't think you can go wrong with any set of clubs from "Karsten MFG Corp." Made in the USA!!

Actually, Ping started making their clubheads in China a couple of years ago. I just spent two days getting custom fitted for a combination K 15 hybrid/iron set and that's what the pro told me. I had a set of Zing 2 irons and I've always regretted selling them. It's really great how Ping gives the same attention to lefties as they do to righties.

Question here: I have a set of Black Dot Ping ISIs and make great contact with the ball but probably could hit them farther. I'm looking to invest in Ping Eye 2s and am wondering if the black dot means the same for both sets?

Question here: I have a set of Black Dot Ping ISIs and make great contact with the ball but probably could hit them farther. I'm looking to invest in Ping Eye 2s and am wondering if the black dot means the same for both sets?

As far as I know, yes... Black dots have always been "standard." I know that a few years back Ping added more dots (more options) but black remained as the "standard" option.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

As far as I know, yes... Black dots have always been "standard." I know that a few years back Ping added more dots (more options) but black remained as the "standard" option.

That's correct. The set I just ordered are silver dot ( 3 1/2 degree upright from standard ) and 1" longer than standard because I'm 6'4".

• 1 month later...

I have a set of Eye2s and still play them as a 4 HC.  I have had them for 5 years now and they show no signs of wear which to me is odd.  I bought them used from ebay the grooves are still great and I play around 40+ times a year.  Great clubs if not the best I don't think I will be giving mine up anytime soon.  I have hit my friends "new" clubs and nothing compares to the eye2s.  The lofts are slightly weaker but it doesn't bother me

4iron-205

5iron-185

6iron-175

7iron-160

8iron-145

I hit them farther than most of my friends do and they feel great even mis hits feel and perform good.  I would recommend them to anybody.

• 1 month later...

So today I picked up a set of 1989 Eye 2 "+ no +" version, which is guess is rare because this model has a touch stronger lofts through the set, and still has the old school box grooves (square grooves?). I got the complete set in a 1-iron thru W, all with brand new Ping golf pride full cord grips, all matching serial numbers in very good shape for their age (8/10 for sure) the main exception being that most of the shaft bands are shot(ZZ-lites). I took them today to the range and brought a couple irons from other sets to have a nice little comparison, and I really liked how straight and high these hit the ball. I'm looking forward to bagging these for a while to see what all the fuss is about.

IMAG0050.jpg IMAG0053.jpg

IMAG0054.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hi by any chance do you still have the eye 2 s for sale. I see this was an old post but they are  what I am looking for so I thought I would take a chance. Thank You john my email is jrlepak@sbcglobal.net

• 2 years later...

It is imprtant , You know all clubs started off at the same swingweight ,loft , lie , shafts and length . It doesnt mean they still are though so close inspection is needed . This isnt just important to these clubs but all sets you buy.

• Upvote 1

cleveland Hibore xls 8.5* driver
Cleveland Hiborexls 13* 3 wood
Ping S 56
Nike oz putter

• 1 month later...

I just read your post. I know it's four years later but, do you still have the Ping Eye 2 White Dot BeCu iron set? jlgrossling@yahoo.com

Why not just get one of the i25 or the older i20?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

A blade 3i is easier to hit than the Ping Eye 2 3i that's at the range.

Maybe it's mental, but I don't think it is.

It's mental, or that 3i is damaged, or has too stiff a shaft for you.

Ping irons first appeared on the pro tour when pros swapped out their sponsor long irons for Ping 2i and 3i.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Note: This thread is 3522 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!