IGNORED

New from Norway

supah
Note: This thread is 6425 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi,

my name is Andreas and im a golf addict
Just got to say what a great forum! Lucky to bump into it. So many informative posts, have learned lots already

Well, I just started golfing this summer. My brother has been golfing for years, and one day I decided to come with him. Didnt take long before I was addicted. What a great game!

Supah:

Welcome - I am also a new member from New Hampshire, USA. I had the pleasure of visiting Norway a couple of years ago and spent a day skiing in the forests up above Oslo - the Nordmarka, I think? We then did a little touring and ended up in Bergen. You are very lucky to live in such a beautiful country.

We have only about two more months of golf left here in NH and then its time to hit the ski trails.

How are the golf courses in Norway?

In my bag:

Driver: Wishon 915CFE, 420cc, SK Fiber Lite Revolution I
Irons: Tommy Armour 845 FS - PW - 3
Hybrid: Adams Idea 21 deg.Wedges: Cleveland 900 52 deg., 56 deg. TA588 60 deg.Putter: Generic mallet style

Hi GreensDruid and thanks :)

Many say we got really special courses, so integrated in the nature which is special in itself. Some courses are more 'normal' than others ofcourse, and many of the so called normal courses are located around Oslo. Its the only part of Norway thats pretty flat. Next time you should come here during the summer and try out some of our golf courses.

Hows golfing in New Hampshire? Thats almost or just as far north as Norway, isnt it? Actually in southern parts of Norway we can golf all year. Bit cold tho :P

I have never been in usa, but iv considered going to Florida golfing. Iv heard they got some great courses and excellent weather. You ever been there?

Hi GreensDruid and thanks :)

Supah,

We have some nice courses in NH. It's not a golf destination but there are some very scenic mountain courses, particularly in central and northern part of the state. In New England, there are a number of mountain and seaside courses worth playing. We are not quite as far north as you are in Norway but our climates are similar. We don't get the hours of daylight that you do in summer but otherwise it's quite similar. We start getting snow towards the latter part of November and it stays until about late March. Florida is another matter entirely. The climate is much warmer and the vegetation completely different (no palm trees or palmettos in NH!!). IMHO the grass on the golf courses isn't as nice as it is up here, but, at least you can play all year. It's also very flat. You should know that there is a wide variation in winter temperatures in Florida and if you want the warmest weather during the height of winter, make sure you head to South Florida. I'm sure there are many people on this forum who could help you plan a golf vacation and give you good references to golf courses. I've only played a couple of times there, once on a Donald Ross designed municipal course in Delray Beach (east coast) and a few times at a place called Pelican's Nest in Bonita Springs (west coast). Cheers.

In my bag:

Driver: Wishon 915CFE, 420cc, SK Fiber Lite Revolution I
Irons: Tommy Armour 845 FS - PW - 3
Hybrid: Adams Idea 21 deg.Wedges: Cleveland 900 52 deg., 56 deg. TA588 60 deg.Putter: Generic mallet style

Supah,

Guess its too sunny or something to get perfect grass, however im not an expert

I know of a place thats run by some norwegians, and I think I can get a fairly cheap 2month stay actually. Otherwise im sure many on the forum know of great golf courses. Hope I get to travel and check some new courses out this fall/winter. Cheers!

Hi supah, i'm almost the next door of you, from funland ;)

About golfin' in florida, i've spent several vacations there but never played golf there :/ that's cause i've played golf only for three years and last time i've visited in florida during the new year break 2002-2003. Hope i'm going to visit florida during next winter.
all you have to do there is to rent a car and drive to the club...
I like google earth, you can find golf courses with it and then just click their www-urls on google earth and check out on their pages what's is it.

Greensdruid and supah, here in southern finland our golf courses are still open, probably for a 4 to 7 weeks if the weather is favourable for golf.

Hi supah, i'm almost the next door of you, from funland ;)

Hehe, not too far away from me. Iv been in Sweden, but never in Finland tho. Hows golfing in Finland?

So how was Florida from an european's point of view?

Note: This thread is 6425 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!