IGNORED

Taylormade R7 425/quad

Rezgolf
Note: This thread is 6426 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was thinking of purchasing a R7 425 to replace my R7 quad. besides the obvious head size difference, is there any real benefit to upgrading to the 425? I also checked out the R7 460 but am not sure if I want to only have two moveable weights instead of 4. Then again, I am not sure the 4 moveable weights are even helping me!!

REZGOLF

Currently in the bag-

R7 460 9.5 stiffV-steel 3 wood stiff/V-steel 5 wood stiff/2 iron hybrid reg.R.A.C OS2 irons reg.52, 56, & 60 deg. regularScotty Cameron Studio Design Newport II

I guess if I was going to make an adjustment, I would probably move to the 460. You lose two of the four adjustable weights but you gain a lot of forgiveness, and it seems like most people are primarily concerned with adjusting for draw or fade bias anyway right? I could be wrong, seeing as I've never owned an R7, but aren't 2 of the 4 adjustable weights in the 425 for hi to low trajectory while the other two are for draw vs fade?

Regardless, there's a lot of really, REALLY good players playing the 460 that didn't need the 4 adjustment screws.
In My Bag:

Taylormade: Superquad 9.5 Aldila VS Proto 'By You' 70-S
Sonartec: SS-07 14.0 Aldila NV 85-S
Cleveland: Halo, 3i UST Irod 83-SPing: i-10 4-UW AWT-STitleist: Vokey Design Spin Milled 54.10 & 60.08Slighter: Handstamped Tacoma, 350G in Black Satin w/Sound Slot

• Administrator
I personally like the 425 a little more. It's easier to work the ball and it looks more pleasing to my eye.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I personally like the 425 a little more. It's easier to work the ball and it looks more pleasing to my eye.

what do you have your 425 set up for? I was looking on e**y for some and the prices are cheap, I am just afraid of getting a fake.

REZGOLF

Currently in the bag-

R7 460 9.5 stiffV-steel 3 wood stiff/V-steel 5 wood stiff/2 iron hybrid reg.R.A.C OS2 irons reg.52, 56, & 60 deg. regularScotty Cameron Studio Design Newport II

I also had a R7 Quad tp. Ive just bought a 460TP and its amazing so much better than the R7 Quad
Whats in my Bag

Driver:
Ping Rapture 9 Degree Aldila VS Proto By You Stiff Shaft 65g
3 Wood:
Titleist 906F2 UST Proforce V2 85g
Irons:
Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Dynamic Gold S300 shaftWedges: Callaway X Tour Vintage 52 and 56 lofts Dynamic Gold S300 ShaftPutter: Scotty Cameron Red XBag: Taylor Made R7...

thanks for all the responses, I was also wondering how much (if at all) my swing speed would slow down if I went with the 460?
REZGOLF

Currently in the bag-

the 425 has more MOI then the quad.. the weights are 35% further appart then the 2005 model..

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5° TP Stiff
Fairway: Taylor Made V-Steel #3 w/Fujikura Rombax Stiff
Irons: Taylor Made rac LT 4-PW shaft; Rifle Flighted 6.0
Wedges: Tayor Made rac 52° 56° 60°Utility: Taylor Made Rescue TP #3 (Aldila NV Hybid 85g Stiff)Putter: Scotty...

thanks for all the responses, I was also wondering how much (if at all) my swing speed would slow down if I went with the 460?

I don't believe you will notice any change in swing speed with a slightly bigger clubhead. I recently went from 400 to 460cc and didn't notice any swing speed loss. For example, the last time out on the course I hit the ball further than I ever have on a couple holes.

I credit a couple of things for the progress: a loft change (from 10.5 to 9.5), a more forgiving head, and a more stable shaft. I'm sure that a launch monitor session would prove swing speed hasn't changed. the difference between 425 and 460 is rather small.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 6426 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!