IGNORED

Posts are duplicating words???

Note: This thread is 5022 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have noticed lately that when I make a new thread, it will duplicate a word or two within that post. When I click on edit to change it, it only shows one of the words. When I delete this one word in edit and save the changes, it will delete both words in the post. I go back to edit, add one word, save, and there are two on the thread.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
I have noticed lately that when I make a new thread, it will duplicate a word or two within that post. When I click on edit to change it, it only shows one of the words. When I delete this one word in edit and save the changes, it will delete both words in the post. I go back to edit, add one word, save, and there are two on the thread.

Huh? I'm not sure I know what you're talking about. I've never seen this behavior.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I've seen this. When I first load a page, often a word at the end of a line will be repeated at the beginning of the next line. Looks like a display issue with the browser's line wrapping - the word doesn't actually exist twice in the text, which is why you don't see the issue when you go to edit. The duplicated word goes away if I resize the width of the browser window, and does not return even if I go back to the original size. Anyway, probably a browser-specific bug.

Bill

• Administrator
I've seen this. When I first load a page, often a word at the end of a line will be repeated at the beginning of the next line. Looks like a display issue with the browser's line wrapping - the word doesn't actually exist twice in the text, which is why you don't see the issue when you go to edit. The duplicated word goes away if I resize the width of the browser window, and does not return even if I go back to the original size. Anyway, probably a browser-specific bug.

There you go. Thanks. That makes sense. Get a better browser.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Thanks. It was confusing because this was the only board it was happening to me on. I haven't made any browser changes and this has never happened to me on here before

Bryan A

I just wanted to let you know that it for sure was a browser issue. I finally found another post where it was doing it (doesn't do it on every post though....) and then immediately checked it with my Iphone. The word was not duplicated on the Iphone.

Bryan A

Note: This thread is 5022 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!