IGNORED

Can someone recommened a cheap, but quality putter

Note: This thread is 5015 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You had a PING all along?!? I should have paid attention. If you just have the new club bug try getting it regripped-makes it seem different and brand new. If you really want something new and non-PING then the Cleveland Classic is the way to go.

yea got it for free along w/some other clubs. I gotta get it cut down to like 33" tho. Maybe thats why I dont love it cause it seems long.

In my bag:
R9 Driver 10.5 - R-Flex - Graphite
R9 3 & 5 Woods - R-Flex - Graphite
Tight Lies GT 2-8 Irons - R-Flex - Steel
Tight Lies IDEA A1 56* Sand Wedge - Steel Ascent 2 48* Pitching Wedge - Graphite IC 20-10B Mid Mallet 33" Dura Feel V Glove NXT Tour Ball

Ping karsten series.

Agreed. You can usually find good deals on them and they are certainly a quality putter.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Go to a golf store and just hit a bunch of different types.
Mallets, mid-mallets, blades, 2-ball, center and back shafted, milled, inserts . . .
You get the idea. Dont worry about brand but what 'looks' and feels good.
Once you find a type when worry about brand.

What's in my sweet Sun Mountain Bag
Driver: 10.5 SuperQuad
3-Wood: Burner
5-Wood: G10
Hybrids: 23 26 Gold Pro Irons: Slingshot 6-A Wedge: 54 & 58 Scratch  Putter: White Ice #1 Gotta have balls: Vapor

• 2 weeks later...
Don't be too proud to try a "mid" length putter. I like the 43 inch models. I started with a cheap off brand, went to an Odyssey blade, and just in the last couple of weeks to an Odyssey 2-ball. To me, this underhand toss motion is the natural way to putt, and I think more people would use it if they didn't think it looked goofy, or unmanly, or who knows what. Right now there are Odyssey 2-balls that are selling on eBay for $55 to $85, plus shipping. Got mine for $62, and I think it's going to be one of my best equipment buys ever.

Note: This thread is 5015 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!