IGNORED

My Swing (Socm1814)

socm1814
Note: This thread is 4989 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys, I've been lurking around here for a while and figured I would throw a couple of swings up here as I am kind of in a rut right now. I included 3 swings: driver, hybrid, and a 7 iron, all off the tee. What am I doing with my bottom half at impact? It looks like I am jumping out of my shoes even when I am not swinging hard. Any and all help or opinions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

• Administrator

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Here are two.

Arrow points to the ball (to show that the camera hasn't really moved), oval was around your head at setup:

Read this, too: http://thesandtrap.com/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

(note that a bit of the "clubhead past the hands" thing is likely a camera issue with reading pixel data top to bottom, though your camera appears to do it in chunks of rows and not continuously as there's a very definite "bend" in the shaft below the grip. Odd. But still you're losing the "flying wedge" quite a bit, the shaft LEAN in the bottom half of the image is consistent, and your hands are WELL back).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4989 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!