IGNORED

Duffers with no etiquette (playing with 2 balls)

Rexmaster
Note: This thread is 5016 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

"When I drove ball over them, they were about 250 yards out." So you hit it 350 to make sure you safely cleared them? It's starting to smell like trout in here.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be my final posting for this thread to answer your question and make few things clear.

I know I should just let this thread die but I can't resist.

I thought the course was backed up due to an outing?

The OP has admitted he was wrong in his response. However, I have run into this situation or worse before and my experience with few exceptions is the clubhouse won't do a damn thing. That is the biggest advantage to joining a club.

Driver: Burner 10.5 deg
5W: R7 18 deg
3H: Idea Tech
4-PW: MP-57
GW: Vokey 52 degSW: 56 degLW: 60 degPutter: Black Series 1 34"Ball: Pro V1

I kinda feel for the OP but I didnt need a barage of message board hate posts to make me realize my mistake. Earlier this summer when I was on good streak I tried to sneak out and play a par 3 course solo. Well of course 2 kids probably 2-4years younger than me (18-20range) show up after me, pay after me, but rush to the tee and beat me to teeing off. They really tried to get infront of me for some reason.

So I shrugged it off and enjoyed a little maryjane on the first tee to relax while they played. Well I very quickly realized these were worse than average duffers they were flat out terrible. Then they broke out beers and started chugging. I let them get ahead of me and played 3 balls on a hole taking every shot. by the 5th Tee this had become unbearable I was waiting forever and they were happy gilmore swinging down the fairway with no respect for me or the course. It was the only hole you can drive the ball on and I suspect they were about 250yds out. I hadnt been driving good and expected it to fall short of them not the case I soared it probably 10-20yards over there head and bounced up near the end of the 280yd fairway.

Scared the crap out of me when I saw the ball flying towards them I thought wtf did I do??? Im so f'd if this hits them.. I yelled fore and actually got a "GREAT SHOT" Yelled back at me. Then they sped up afterwords probably realized they were holding me up. So it worked out but it coulda been very bad and just the thought I might of hit them churned my stomache Ill never do that again.....
 Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

So I shrugged it off and enjoyed a little maryjane on the first tee to relax while they played. Well I very quickly realized these were worse than average duffers they were flat out terrible. Then they broke out beers and started chugging.

A dopehead angry at beer drinkers. Now that's rich.

Driver: Burner 10.5 deg
5W: R7 18 deg
3H: Idea Tech
4-PW: MP-57
GW: Vokey 52 degSW: 56 degLW: 60 degPutter: Black Series 1 34"Ball: Pro V1

A dopehead angry at beer drinkers. Now that's rich.

Underage beer drinkers.....

Also its not criminal here so I can basicly tell everyone to F* off if they dont like it!
 Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

I seen this same thing this past weekend also. What we did was just started playing 2/3 balls ourselves! And STILL had to wait when we wantind to hit another shot! I cant understand why in the last few years that people are spending all day to play 18 holes. I've considered quiting golf just because of it. I feel that to keep the pace of MOST people's golf time; I could actually CRAWL between shots!. probably too hard on the knees. It's not just on the golf course,it's on the roads,it's at the workplace, it's at the mall. people's metabolism must be screwed up! anyway,forget yelling at,or hitting into 'em. like tailgating,or blowing your horn. It only makes them go slower! Instead of being considerate,& pulling over or letting faster players go thru, the slow down even more,just to be rude. And forget the rangers,they are too busy hunting balls! Don't know what the answer is, maybe just take a case of beer along & enjoy the senic view.

Note: This thread is 5016 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!