IGNORED

Cheapest Way to Ship a Driver?

CoupleOfFew

For those of you on here that have shipped drivers, what is the average price to do so? And what carrier is the best to do so? Im selling my driver and I've never shipped a golf club before. Any advice?

Ship it via UPS.. you automatically get tracking information on the package.

Package it in a box that will accommodate the driver head and the length of the shaft. UPS ground won't cost you any more than $13. I might be overestimating it as well. If you have some then place some bubble wrap around the clubhead.

That's pretty much it.

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

For tracked, insured shipping, all three big guys (USPS, UPS, Fedex) all cost within a dollar of each other. If you really want the cheapest, parcel post from the USPS will get there in ~ a week and cost $5-$7 I think. However, that is with no insurance and no tracking. Unless you're shipping an old junker, I think the extra $5-$6 for those extras is worth it.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

• 11 years later...

I know gas is high but what on earth has happened to usps priority rates?  I took the head off the driver to get it in a 46” box, shaft and headcover also barely fit and to send approximately 500 miles was $28!!!!  It was considered over length!  There’s no way to use a box any shorter! Ridiculous!

• iacas changed the title to Cheapest Way to Ship a Driver?
13 hours ago, gh65721 said:

I know gas is high but what on earth has happened to usps priority rates?  I took the head off the driver to get it in a 46” box, shaft and headcover also barely fit and to send approximately 500 miles was $28!!!!  It was considered over length!  There’s no way to use a box any shorter! Ridiculous!

USPS priority mail flat rate boxes and envelopes are a decent deal (IMO) for relatively quick delivery with baked in $50 insurance, but once you get out of the standard size/weight packages, UPS or Fedex ground are better options. When I buy new clubs, they rarely get shipped to me via USPS. It's always Fedex or UPS.

You can use pirateship dot com for slightly discounted rates from USPS and others.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades