IGNORED

My Swing (chrisronline)

chrisronline
Note: This thread is 2858 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Webster, NY eh? Do you know @bjfox10?

I don't actually, but I'd love to connect with more/any local players as the only person I play with is moving next month.

Sticks: Burner SF 9.5, 15, 19 | MX-300 4-GW | CG15 56.14, 60.12 | BS Tour #9
Accessories: Tour 360 4.0 | Revolution Stand Bag | GolfShot iPhone App
Last Round: 82 (70)

• Administrator

I don't actually, but I'd love to connect with more/any local players as the only person I play with is moving next month.

I tweeted at him as well. You should come to Erie the next time Brandon swings by.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Awesome. I'll definitely look into that

Took a lesson earlier this week with Michael LaBella down at the Brian Jacobs golf school at Ravenwood Golf Club in Victor, NY

Key takeaways:

1. Takeaway club head feels way outside hands
2. At top hands are out in front of sternum club head feels more behind you
3. Swing in to out
4. Get to your half finish-hands away /out In front of sternum....right forearm over the left

From that, here is a video I took this morning after practicing those changes

Thoughts? It seems much more "on plane" than before. I haven't had a chance to hit the range to test ball flight but the strike feels solid

• 3 months later...

Another update. Been taking lessons every week for a couple months now. I think things are finally looking better on video. I also shot a 77 in a tournament this year (best score ever), but followed it with a 85 the next week. Still working on it though.

Here is the latest video from today:

Not perfect, but a lot better than where I was. My miss is a thin draw - I haven't hit a single shot right in quite some time (not counting the fades my instructor is helping me hit)

• 7 months later...

Hey everyone,

New year and ready for some golf! I've played in three tournaments so far this year (80, 87, and 82) and the swing is really feeling better than ever.

I took a video hitting with driving iron at the range that (hopefully) showcases what I've been working on in the offseason - bumping the hip laterally to start the downswing.

Link to video: https://www.hudl.com/technique/video/view/gDLdHKrr

Photo of a few positions starting at the top of the backswing: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChxamLyXEAAI2QM.jpg:large

Ball flight is a consistent draw, but last week, I found myself topping a few iron shots. Anyone identify something I should work on to address that? 

2 hours ago, chrisronline said:

Ball flight is a consistent draw, but last week, I found myself topping a few iron shots. Anyone identify something I should work on to address that?

Steady head. Your head is moving away from target in the back swing, and moving forward in the down swing. You can think of your low point then, moving around as well.

The average tour pro moves his head laterally less than an inch. It's a pretty critical thing to conform to if you want to avoid errors, and make it easier to find the sweet spot. 

Drills can be found: here

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bm85 said:

Steady head. Your head is moving away from target in the back swing, and moving forward in the down swing. You can think of your low point then, moving around as well.

The average tour pro moves his head laterally less than an inch. It's a pretty critical thing to conform to if you want to avoid errors, and make it easier to find the sweet spot. 

Nice links.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

(edited)
2 hours ago, bm85 said:

Great. Thanks!

Rewatching my swing, I seem like I'm doing okay on the backswing but on the way down, my head definitely dips and moves laterally towards the target

Edited by chrisronline

Hit the range trying to work on my head movement.

Driving Iron: https://www.hudl.com/technique/video/view/oHVqJlco

Driver: https://www.hudl.com/technique/video/view/DOLcR0AU#

I still see some lateral head movement but when I try and keep my head still, it seems like I'm keeping it too far behind the ball - If I draw a line on the leading side of my head at address, my leading side is a couple inches behind that at impact - is this worse? better? 

• 1 month later...

Hey all,

I've been working hard on all aspects of my game this year and wanted to get some feedback about the full swing.

Linked below is at the range this morning with a 3wood - It was a great shot with a slight cut, but my session this morning was a bit inconsistent and I think I know why but I just wanted to double check and get some feedback

Swing: https://www.hudl.com/technique/video/view/cypfwYWC

I've also attached 5 screenshots showcasing the issue I _think_ is affecting my consistency. In all the screenshots, the red vertical line represents the edge of my rear at the start of the backswing and the yellow vertical line represents the edge of my hat (not including brim) at the start of the backswing. 

During the backswing, my rear stays on the line well but my head moves forward. Then, on the downswing, my rear moves forward off the line while my head moves back closer to the original line.

My best guess is that I'm getting off during the backswing and having to compensate during the downswing to make decent contact.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

3wood_ee - 1.jpg

3wood_ee - 2.jpg

3wood_ee - 3.jpg

3wood_ee - 4.jpg

3wood_ee - 5.jpg

Note: This thread is 2858 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!