IGNORED

Bay Hill Invitational

Thrash13
Note: This thread is 6975 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, Arnie's tournament is this weekend, and I wanted to get everyone's opinion on the event. This is when golf season starts IMO, as the Player's Championship is next weekend and the Masters in a few weeks. I love this time of year for sure.

Anyway, who are some of the guys you all look for to play well this weekend at Bay Hill?

I know Chad Campbell ended up running away with it last year, and he has been playing well the last couple weeks. I look for him to be near the top this weekend, and the top guys will probably be near the top as well. My pick to win this weekend is Ernie Els. There are certain holes where a long hitter is definitely at the advantage this week, as there are tight pin placements that require long iron approaches. Some of the big hitters are the only ones with that high long iron shot in their bag. So I look for the big hitters to dominate, and I'm picking Ernie.

I'm not sure if this board does a little preview of the events or not, but I would definitely enjoy discussing the events and making some predictions and stuff. I'm not sure if anyone would like that or not.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

You probably won't get any answers from us until after the first round starts. We don't want to give away our ESPN picks.

This "board" doesn't do a preview per se, but the site itself does.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

You probably won't get any answers from us until after the first round starts. We don't want to give away our ESPN picks.

Hehe, yeah I agree. I have a good feeling about my team this week.

Driver: X460 10°
Hybrid: Heavenwood 2H
Irons: X-12 3-PW
Wedges: Vintage Forged 48° & 56°
Putter: DF 990Ball: HX Hot

Well darnit, I wish I would have found this place sooner. I thought about joining a fantasy golf league this year, but I don't know enough people to get one going. It sounds like the fantasy league here is pretty fun!

Maybe next year!

And maybe after round 1, everyone can discuss their thoughts, etc.. on the tourney. I'll know next week.

And I did see the previews on the main site. They were all very solid.

Maybe next year!

You don't have to wait that long.

The first segment ends after this tournament. You can join the Sandtrap league and then when the Players Championship starts everybody starts over for segment two. http://games.espn.go.com/bestball/frontpage Register there and join group Sand Trap with the password bunker.

Driver: X460 10°
Hybrid: Heavenwood 2H
Irons: X-12 3-PW
Wedges: Vintage Forged 48° & 56°
Putter: DF 990Ball: HX Hot

Ok, I registered. Thanks for the invite man! I am looking forward to getting involved a little with PGA Fantasy Golf.

Well, Vijay tied it all up on 18. And then he hit his 2nd in the water short of the green. It actually ended up well short. Kenny Perry ended up getting a par anyway and won by 2. It was a solid finish down the stretch as Vijay once again put the heat on the leader. But he also fell short of winning once again.

He is back to #1 in the world I believe after looking at Erik's scenarios here in another post.

I am looking forward to next week for sure, as the Player's Championship is my personal favorite tournament and Sawgrass is my favorite course.

Lastly, congrats to Graeme McDowell for finishing in a tie for 2nd and getting a big time paycheck and a spot in next week's field.

• Administrator

He is indeed #1 again. Vijay's shot wasn't too short - he hit the rocks. So, maybe two yards short of being dry. But he wanted to be pin high or a little beyond, so he was 10 yards short of what he wanted.

Two weeks in a row Vijay's lost it on the last hole. Maybe he needs to hire Ernie's mental doctor!

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yeah, I thought he was really short at first, but when I was watching Golf Central I saw that it hit the rocks. But like you said, it was still too short for what he wanted.

Yeah, I'll be ready to see how the big guns play this next week..

• Administrator
Yeah, I thought he was really short at first, but when I was watching Golf Central I saw that it hit the rocks. But like you said, it was still too short for what he wanted.

I wasn't expecting Doral again this week, but it would have been nice for the #1, #3, and #5 players in the world to have made it interesting. I fast forwarded through much of today's play.

Note: This thread is 6975 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!